Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spider-Man Retconning

1. Quote Originally Posted by JBNagis View Post
    What What What!!!!
    Beta Ray Bill is out of whatever hell Dimension he was in from Omega Flight?
    Hurray
    I have no idea, my post was nonsense. Spider-man never had adventures with the X-men on Zardon 5.

2. Yeah, this whole thing is crap. I never thought anyone at Marvel would find a way to top the Clone saga in terms of angering their own fans, but they did. They could've just had a massive Infinity Gem crossover again if they wanted to set things right.

I thought what they did during the Civil War arc (shooting the Hulk into space, revealing Peter Parker as Spider-Man, killing Captain America, etc.) were all brilliantly done. FINALLY moving the Marvel Universe a bit further in development and setting up for even greater stories in the future. If Civil War was a step forward for greatness, One More Day was 100 steps in the wrong direction.

Actually, this is pretty par for the course since the Spidey movies hit. Now that I think about it, "The Other" series was pretty shitty, too.

They should've killed Aunt May.

Killing Aunt May would have really progressed Spider Man as a character.
    But they took the easy way out.
    At least when DC does this they do it Universe wide.
    As long as they don't touch Astonishing X-Men im good.
    Maybe Aunt May is really a Skrull and they will retcon the retcon....

4. Maybe Satan sent Spidey to Skrull homeworld and this is all a bunch of bullshit!

5. Stuff like this just goes to show me that reading comics is just a pointless waste of time and money.

This sort of shit happens all the time too, and it will continue to happen. You spend all this time reading all these stories, and buy all these cross over books in order to get the entire story, only have the entire thing invalidated. I guess the only thing worth doing is waiting for the trade paper back to come out and just treat everything as a single one shot storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Regus View Post
    Stuff like this just goes to show me that reading comics is just a pointless waste of time and money.

This sort of shit happens all the time too, and it will continue to happen. You spend all this time reading all these stories, and buy all these cross over books in order to get the entire story, only have the entire thing invalidated. I guess the only thing worth doing is waiting for the trade paper back to come out and just treat everything as a single one shot storyline.
    Thats what i do with most everything except Astonishing and New Avengers.
    Everything else just isn't worth the effort. Plus it saves space.

Maybe Satan sent Spidey to Skrull homeworld and this is all a bunch of bullshit!
    The saddest part about that statement.....Is in like a year. Thats what will probably end up happening.

7. So Marvel sets up all this shit with the Civil War story that should have drastically changed pretty much everything. They sell a shit ton of comics because they finally did something ballsy, but now go back on one of the main storylines and say "magic is undoing it"?

lol.