Thread: Why can't I access the documents folder on my computer?

1. Why can't I access the documents folder on my computer?

I've tried getting help for this elsewhere with no luck. But I can't access the Documents folder on my computer. The folder that is Brandi's Documents is find but the one that is just Documents give me the error of Access Denied. I have even tried to open it in safe mode and no luck. I am the only person who uses this computer so I don't think it's some normal login issue.

I'm using windows XP SP2.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

2. Reformat.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

3. Quote Originally Posted by Kano on the Phone View Post
    Reformat.
    I considered that. I got my computer when Dell wasn't giving out windows disks. I got them to send me disks but they are just "we fucked up disks" not actual OS disks.

This doesn't solve your problem, but many Dells have a hidden partition to allow for a complete recovery without CDs. On my laptop you press ctrl and F11 at the same time right after the BIOS screen but before the Windows screen comes up.

As far as your actual problem, I would guess something is funny with your accounts/permissions.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

5. It is a permissions issue. Make sure you are logged in as a admin account on that computer and make sure everyone or yourself has full control of that folder.