Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

1. Quote Originally Posted by Thief Silver View Post
    It's better than it being one movie where it'd feel incomplete.
    I don't want to walk out of the theater knowing I have to wait 6 months to finish a movie that more than likely will not have any closure. Call me crazy. Wait for DVD/BR release seems like the best option.

2. Quote Originally Posted by ElCapitan View Post
    I don't want to walk out of the theater knowing I have to wait 6 months to finish a movie that more than likely will not have any closure. Call me crazy. Wait for DVD/BR release seems like the best option.
    Since I don't go to theaters any more, I second this option.

3. If they did it right, they could easily do a first movie with a clean, acceptable ending.

The book lends itself to two parts pretty well.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    If they did it right, they could easily do a first movie with a clean, acceptable ending.

The book lends itself to two parts pretty well.
    I'd still rather watch the movies back to back rather than waiting 6 months.

5. Your call.

I'd rather not wait even longer to watch anything, especially when I already know how everything goes down.

6. I personally would rather they tell the full story in 2 films then truncate it and release some half hearted thing.

My biggest problem with Goblet was just how much got changed, or cut out. It was the biggest book and the shortest film. I'd rather not see that happen to the finale.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    I personally would rather they tell the full story in 2 films then truncate it and release some half hearted thing.

My biggest problem with Goblet was just how much got changed, or cut out. It was the biggest book and the shortest film. I'd rather not see that happen to the finale.
    It's not the split that I'm upset about, but the wait between. Seeing as both parts will be shot all at the same time (I would imagine), and most likely would be, or should be edited at the same time, the movies should not be so far apart. I don't see how it would effect ticket sales as there is no point in seeing the second without seeing the first.

8. Quote Originally Posted by ElCapitan View Post
    It's not the split that I'm upset about, but the wait between. Seeing as both parts will be shot all at the same time (I would imagine), and most likely would be, or should be edited at the same time, the movies should not be so far apart. I don't see how it would effect ticket sales as there is no point in seeing the second without seeing the first.
    I think it's moreso if they opened the second one the week after, people would feel burned paying 2x ticket price. This way, people think of it more of a separate entity.

9. How about make it about 3-4 hours long with an intermission. Everyone's happy: viewers get more story, theaters get a break in-between to sell more concessions.

10. When's the last time they did an intermission? They didn't even do one for LotR.