Thread: LCD HDTV Troubleshooting -- help!

1. LCD HDTV Troubleshooting -- help!

Background: I have a Vizio 42" LCD HDTV. I forget the model number.

Last night while playing CoD4 on the 360, I noticed some weird blue fuzziness on the multiplayer lobby screen, as though everything had a weird blue afterimage. Then, when I started playing, everything looked blue and washed out, and the screen image was visibly shaking. When I quit to the dashboard, the screen continued to shake, and ripples washed across the screen. I checked the HD and non-HDTV input, and it seemed fine: the HD signal started out a little pixelated but returned to normal in about 10 seconds. I turned off the 360, turned it on again, and the image completely returned to normal.

Anyone have any idea what's going on?
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

2. Sounds like an LCD/ bga chipset issue, probably the hard reset you did fixed the issue. If it happens again and you are under warranty you should probably return it.

If they dick with you because your image is okay at the time, tell them the FMT board is ground looping (fire hazard). We used to have a big issue with Vizio's for the Cleveland Clinic doing the exact same thing. Please tell me your TV isn't 1-1 1/2 years old, if so the FMT was a bad press.
    Last edited by Othello Harrington; 14 Jan 2008 at 02:48 PM.

3. Was this happening on anything other than the 360?

Mine gave everything a funny blue halo before it started freezing so I sent it out before it started RROD'ing

4. Interesting, i have not had this issue with my 360, but when i imported my signal from my comp my vizio did the same thing, but I did a hard reset (basically turned off the TV) and it never did it again.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Wildkat View Post
    Was this happening on anything other than the 360?

Mine gave everything a funny blue halo before it started freezing so I sent it out before it started RROD'ing
    Not yet. So far, it's just the 360.

The TV's less than 6 months old and I bought it from Costco, so no worries.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

6. Yeah, I'd just see if it happens again.

7. You know what problem I am having?

My TV goes to the menu screen like 10 times in a row everytime I turn it on. So I tried replacing the batteries on the remote, it's not the issue. Also turned in on with the remote out of the room, still did it.

Updated the firmware and it's still doing it, you have this problem sleeve?
    Last edited by Othello Harrington; 14 Jan 2008 at 03:03 PM.

8. No, haven't had that problem. You have a Vizio like me?

9. VU42LF

it's my TV for gaming and PC stuff I don't want to sit up close to do. Like autocad.