Page 1 of 38 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirror's Edge

1. PC Mirror's Edge

Haven't seen a thread about this yet.

Click for full size

Click for full size

First, more cities as pretty as the ones in this and The Crossing, zomg.

Second, the official site (www.on-mirrors-edge.com) says:
    Mirror’s Edge is going to redefine the way that players are able to move in first person allowing them to run, jump, vault and slide in a way that has never been seen before in a first person game.
    ...which is kind of in line with what I've wanted more of for ages now, especially after playing Breakdown.

360, PS3, PC.
    Last edited by Tain; 20 Jan 2008 at 08:30 PM.

2. Please don't suck. This game is made for me.

3. There's something really great about these two pictures, I'm looking forward to it.

This is one of my most anticipated games. One of my biggest issues with first-person games has been that you often merely feel like a gun in the air instead of a person. Games like Riddick and Dark Messiah have made strides away from that, and hopefully this will take it further.

5. Ever since I read the article in Edge like 6 months ago I have been anticipating this one. Apparently they designed the play mechanics around the idea that if they are fun in an empty room, they will be fun once you put in real environments. So they built an empty room and played with how the game worked until it was fun to play.

This game scares me. It smells of Crackdown in first person, which would be horrible. I hope I'm wrong.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    This game scares me. It smells of Crackdown in first person, which would be horrible. I hope I'm wrong.
    It isnt a sandbox game.

720p screenshots (albeit with the usual 16x FSAA bullshit) as well as a few previews are out.

Looking at those screenshots, either DICE has figured out an easy way of doing ambient occlusion or they have faked it very well.

It's interesting that the Gamespot review disagrees with the others on whether firearms will be available in the game. I'm inclined to believe the 1up interview, where the developers talk about the advantages and disadvantages of using guns in the game.

Anyway, those previews (and the developers comparing it to the Prince of Persia titles) have shot this to near the top of my wanted list.
    Last edited by bVork; 03 Mar 2008 at 12:05 PM.

9. Your "Screen shots" are a blank page.

10. Looks slick!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!