Page 1 of 38 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Blazblue

1. Arcade Blazblue

Quote Originally Posted by Arcade Renaissance
    Over at Ruliweb (courtesy of Recap on the Postback forums) the first scans of Arc System Works new arcade fighter (and what's being called the "successor" to the Guilty Gear series) Blazblue were posted after being pulled from 2chan. Not much is known so far about the game, but according to AM-net the game is being developed on the Type X2 platform and is expected to make some sort of appearance at the AOU Show in February.

Neo-Arcadia is reporting that Blazblue will be set in the same universe as Guilty Gear ten years after the events of Guilty Gear XX. I'm looking for confirmation of these reports, but if it ends up true, Accent Core Plus may end up being the last hurrah for the "traditional" Guilty Gear series after the shift it has taken with Overture.

The game looks incredible so far. The detail in some of the shots is amazing. I'm crossing my fingers that we will get to see the game in action at AOU.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	109038115619393.jpg 
Views:	2409 
Size:	886.7 KB 
ID:	30467   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	109038148422155.jpg 
Views:	3146 
Size:	568.0 KB 
ID:	30468   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	109038170336402.jpg 
Views:	1063 
Size:	595.6 KB 
ID:	30469  

2. DO WANT

3. Neat. Hope it plays better.

4. Ew @ generic character designs. The biggest strength of GG was the outlandish cast.

5. I hated the GG designs, I like seeing it a little more reigned-in. That series was a manga-bullshit EXPLOSION.

I have to agree with Yeller on this one. Of course, the gameplay will still suck, so I'll stick to KoF XII.

7. Good way to handle a sequel if true. I'll care more when I can play it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Of course, the gameplay will still suck, so I'll stick to KoF XII.
    So you don't want bad gameplay but you'll go to KoF? Is this the videogame version of cutting yourself or something? You'll never make the headlines right now in the wake of Heath Ledger, it's better to wait this one out.

8. It's nice when fighting games have a 'defense' component.

9. They're even nicer when you learn the controls.

10. Hey, instant kill. "Neat."