Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: a new one page comic from me

1. Great as always kid.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
    Kid, how the hell do you get such straight lines with a tablet?
    He wears his sparring gloves.

3. Kinda seems like it could be a calvin and hobbes strip. Which is always a compliment.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

4. wowee. that's awesome that you drew it with a tablet. did you work from pencil sketches or scan anything first? also, it kinda reminds me of this guys stuff.

5. I thought it was incredibly well done.

Did remind me of a Calvin and Hobbes comic though, I dunno if that was any inspiration. Calvin ended up falling off of the Earth and into the universe in that one...

Whatchu gotta say to that?

Yeah, really well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbitron View Post
    He wears his sparring gloves.
    He paints his nails too.

7. That's nothin. I paint my nads.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
    Kid, how the hell do you get such straight lines with a tablet? I've been messing with my Wacom and everything i make looks like a blind palsey patient used it

great one page btw.
    Thanks Dyne.

Lots and lots of practice mostly. Maybe I'll make a little tutorial and toss it up later.

Quote Originally Posted by rama View Post
    wowee. that's awesome that you drew it with a tablet. did you work from pencil sketches or scan anything first? also, it kinda reminds me of this guys stuff.
    Nope, it was all done digitally. I first draw up a rough sketch (with the tablet) then I create a new layer where I put the final line work right over the top of that.

Also, I've never seen that guys stuff, but I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    I thought it was incredibly well done.

Did remind me of a Calvin and Hobbes comic though, I dunno if that was any inspiration. Calvin ended up falling off of the Earth and into the universe in that one...

Whatchu gotta say to that?

Yeah, really well done.
    Not sure what exact strip you are talking about, but calvin and hobbes is a huge inspiration on me for sure. It had some of the best feeling of whimsy and wonder of any comic ever IMO.

Thanks again for the great comments everyone.

Also: you know who had painted nails and was totally outrageous?

I'm just trying to live my life in her footsteps.