Page 144 of 196 FirstFirst ... 130140142143144145146148158 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1956

Thread: Official NHL 2007-2008 Thread 2 Minutes for Hooking

So much for the "mighty" west. 9 minutes from 7-3. Pittsburgh was even better at 8-1-1.

Of course, the refs call a fifth straight penalty on the Devils to keep it a little bit interesting.

Edit: And Salvador puts it in his own God damned net.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 15 Mar 2008 at 05:13 PM.

Another year, another 90 points, and another 40 wins for Brodeur.

3. Another horrible collapse in the playoffs.

Says the pseudo-fan of a team that hasn't advanced past the second round in about a decade. But, hey, it's hard to collapse when you rarely make the playoffs to begin with.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Remind me during what time period Gomez was still not the leading assist guy in the league again. The Devils have a better goal scorer, multiple better defensemen, and a better goalie than the Rangers, so I guess if their talent is marginal, the Rangers are just a bunch of has-beens and never will best.
    LOL! Parise is a better goal scorer than Jagr and Shanahan (both in the top twelve of all time). That's quite a stretch, even by your jaded standards.

I'll remind you, however, that Gomez has more assists than any Devil player by quite a margin. Fuck the time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Congrats on the Rangers realizing that each season spans two years and avoiding their annual January collapse. Too bad they peaked at least a month too early.
    Right, that's why they went 17-6-6 down the stretch last season and did better in the playoffs than you, and why they've lost *ONE* regular season game in regulation in the their past 15, and have gone 15-4-3 in their past 22. They obviously should've peaked in December, like the Devils.

Even your partner in crime, Cow, knows the Devils have been frequently outplayed recently and have been fortunate to walk away with points courtesy of Martin Brodeur. Without him, you'd have a .500 club on your hands that would struggle for the 8 seed.

You and your Devils announcers suffer from the same affliction: correlating this Devils team with pre-lockout Devils teams and they aren't in the same league. The last two years have proven that without a doubt.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Says the pseudo-fan of a team that hasn't advanced past the second round in about a decade. But, hey, it's hard to collapse when you rarely make the playoffs to begin with.
    Right, it's much better to finish with the best record in the Atlantic and get bounced on your ass in 5 games in the second round twice in a row. At least nothing was expected of the Rangers until this year.

7. Cam Ward has 32 wins this year. That should put Brodeur's 40 in perspective.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    So much for the "mighty" west. 9 minutes from 7-3.
    wtf? NJ beat Colorado. Big fucking deal. They're pretty assy this year. 3rd place because of the divisional standing bullshit. Your broad strokes amaze me sometimes.

9. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Cam Ward has 32 wins this year. That should put Brodeur's 40 in perspective.
    40 is a much more respectable number when somebody doesn't play every game. I'll give him props for being an Iron-man over wins.

Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    LOL! Parise is a better goal scorer than Jagr and Shanahan (both in the top twelve of all time). That's quite a stretch, even by your jaded standards.

I'll remind you, however, that Gomez has more assists than any Devil player by quite a margin. Fuck the time frame.
    We're talking about this year, and it's not even close for Parise over Jagr and Shanahan. That's the difference between the Brodeur/Lundqvist discussion and this one. In the goalie discussion, past and present are the same.

I have no idea why you keep bringing up assists. It's a hugely overrated stat, given that two are given on almost every goal, when one is deserved on maybe half the goals. Soccer and basketball actually do it better than hockey, amazingly.
    Right, that's why they went 17-6-6 down the stretch last season and did better in the playoffs than you, and why they've lost *ONE* regular season game in regulation in the their past 15, and have gone 15-4-3 in their past 22. They obviously should've peaked in December, like the Devils.
    I like how you're trying to sub-divide rounds of the playoffs now, because you have to go so far back to find a year when the Rangers actually legitimately made it further.

The Devils haven't peaked yet. If they never do, then it'll be a short playoff run, just the like the Rangers'.
    Even your partner in crime, Cow, knows the Devils have been frequently outplayed recently and have been fortunate to walk away with points courtesy of Martin Brodeur. Without him, you'd have a .500 club on your hands that would struggle for the 8 seed.
    It's a damn good thing he isn't going anywhere for the playoffs.
    You and your Devils announcers suffer from the same affliction: correlating this Devils team with pre-lockout Devils teams and they aren't in the same league. The last two years have proven that without a doubt.
    Maybe we're thinking of the Rangers, who barely scrape by into the playoffs when they do make it, both before and after the lockout.

You were giving me shit about the Devils having to go to OT to beat bad teams. That's surely better than losing to them in regulation. And I can't wait to hear how good Florida is over some number of games that fit your argument like always.