Page 162 of 196 FirstFirst ... 148158160161162163164166176 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 1956

Thread: Official NHL 2007-2008 Thread 2 Minutes for Hooking

1. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Holy shit are you delusional. The most obvious is Maurice Richard, but I'd take any HoFer who knew where the defensive zone was and showed up every night.
    You routinely dismiss consideration for anyone pre-Roy as being a candidate for best goalie ever in most of your discussions about the matter. Like Sawchuck, for example.

And now, you're pulling out a guy who played in a six team league from 1942-60 as the best RW to ever play the game? A guy who you've clearly NEVER seen play? Interesting how that works...

2. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    It's a shame his 10 cent head made him hurt himself trying to punch Gomez.
    He was, clearly, trying to get Gomez to become a Ranger.

It worked.

Brodeur's game, by all accounts, is more complete than Sawchuk's, in addition to him having better numbers. Jagr is not at all well rounded. Shit, I'd take Brett Hull over Jagr if you want a contemporary. He was a better pure shooter and actually learned defensive responsibility in Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    He was, clearly, trying to get Gomez to become a Ranger.

It worked.
    I'd say so. I'm glad the Devils didn't get suckered into paying him $5M again, let alone $7M. Guys who can't kill penalties or shoot should top out at $3-4M.

My last point of the evening will be this: the Devils are 0-3-3 against the Rangers, not 0-6. We can hang with your team, and in the playoffs there will be no shootout or 4v4 waiting for you at the end of regulation.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

6. jesus christ. you guys continued this shit almost two pages past my post?

i'll inject the only thing thats ever different in this thread.

we dismantled Washington 5-0. i have never seen us so easily dominate a team this easily. we held Ovegkin to two shots. i can't wait until NHL.com has the saves of the week up. Khabi had a REALLY great one.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    My last point of the evening will be this: the Devils are 0-3-3 against the Rangers, not 0-6. We can hang with your team, and in the playoffs there will be no shootout or 4v4 waiting for you at the end of regulation.
    three flat out losses and three halfway wins counts as hanging? i dont think even Yoshi could spin that fact. i also knew one of you two would harp on that season stat and say something along the lines of "SO losses don't count".

It's haoh who always claims SO wins shouldn't count when the Devils get them. It's interesting how one size doesn't fit all.

I actually agree that it is 0-6, though cow's point that five-on-five will decide playoff games is also valid.

9. No, I said that shootouts suck and have nothing to do with hockey and I hate them. Win, lose, or draw and regardless of team. I also don't like a system that rewards playing for an automatic point given to two teams.

Unfortunately, they are reality. And the Rangers, with or without shootouts, haven't lost to the Devils in 6 tries.

10. Let's see if the Devils can build upon their one game winning streak versus the Islanders tomorrow night. DUBIE!
    Last edited by haohmaru; 20 Mar 2008 at 03:10 PM.