Thread: Need help finding a new HDTV

1. Question Need help finding a new HDTV

I'm helping my sister in law get a new TV because she is clueless when it comes to electronics. She doesn't want to spend more than $700 bucks so I started looking in the 30''-32'' range. There are a ton of lower name brands in that price range with decent user reviews. I was just wondering if anyone here has one and could help out. I want to keep it LCD so I can hang it on her wall. Thanks.

2. Tell us what she has now, what she's gonna use it for, and how big a room she's gonna put it in. Generally speaking though you should have no problem getting a good to very good 32" for that money, and if you are able to skimp on some features you may be able to find a decent 37".
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

3. She has a 10 year old 26" SDTV so anything at this point will be an upgrade. She would only be using it to watch TV shows and movies. I'll probably pick her up a cheap upsconverting DVD player too so it will be for very basic use. 1080p definitely is not important so anything nice with 720p/1080i would be great. The room is about 12'x20'.

4. 32" or even 37" is going to seem tiny in a room that size. If she really wants to go that small, you should buy the cheapest TV you can get because I don't think quality is really gonna be appreciable. (This is more applicable if the TV is the far length of the room away from the couch.)

5. (But if you want a decent 32" at a killer price, buy the Westinghouse 32w6 from Sam's Club for $450 while they have it.)

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/nav...=5&item=379102

6. I forgot to mention that the ceiling in the room is just over 6'. It is a finished basement area so that makes the room feel smaller than it is. Thanks for the help.