Thread: Streaming iTunes .m4a over Windows Media Player 11

1. Streaming iTunes .m4a over Windows Media Player 11

I'm trying to stream my iTunes library from my Vista desktop via Windows Media Player 11 to either my PS3 or 360 plus my Vista laptop. I'm not talking about anything DRM here.

The first bitch was getting the iTunes shit to play (via Orban WMP codec plugin, although I messed around with 3ivx) and organized (after like all day, I figured out I had to change some shit in the registry and then run MusicBridge). I think I have this part solved, as everything looks like it plays in WMP11 and Windows Media Center.

But before I got this all organized, WMP11 on my desktop showed about half the songs from my iTunes library. 360 Media Center Extender showed the whole library, but freezes anytime I select a .m4a track (and still does). PS3 over WMP11 sharing let me play whatever WMP11 found for a while yesterday, but now shows "Unsupported Data" for .m4as, and I don't really no why. Vista laptop over WMP11 share shows the library but won't stream the .m4as (and obviously iTunes share isn't working at all).

Anybody have any experience with this? I'm not converting everything to .mp3 because I don't want it to sound like shit and I'm not buying a Mac. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

2. Got this to work w/PS3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.