Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 Songs By An Artist You Want People To Hear

3 Songs By An Artist You Want People To Hear

This is a thread to go hand in hand with the S&B thread where you put up 3 songs by a band or artist that you personally like but most people might not know what they sound like. New or old, list them here, put them there, discuss here.

I'm starting with country music because I know most people here don't listen to much more than maybe Johnny Cash and I think more people would like some of the old stuff if they heard some more of it.

My artist this post is Buck Owens & His Buckaroos:

1) Johnny B. Goode (live) (1969) - Good choice to hear how fucking incredible his band was.

2) Memphis (1964)

3) Before You Go (1965)

Check the usual place.

2. Interesting. I'm not in a position to put anything in "the usual place", but everybody should check out Jealousy Curve and Scout.

3. Mogwai:
    1) Auto Rock
    2) You Don't Know Jesus
    3) Hunted By A Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Cheebs View Post
    Interesting. I'm not in a position to put anything in "the usual place", but everybody should check out Jealousy Curve and Scout.
    You could always do a g2p.org search for 3 songs someone has already loaded to the web and pick which ones of those to link to.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlep View Post
    Mogwai:
    1) Auto Rock
    2) You Don't Know Jesus
    3) Hunted By A Freak
    Are you posting these so I can listen to them? Otherwise I don't fucking care.
    Last edited by Scourge; 29 Jan 2008 at 03:08 PM.

6. Then keep it in S&B.
    Last edited by Schlep; 29 Jan 2008 at 03:32 PM.

Keep what in S&B? The point was to get to listen to the songs. You want people to hear them, I'm curious how they sound. It's not that fucking hard.

8. Yes it is that fucking hard. Make this thread in S&B and leave music discussion to music discussion.

Read the first post.

10. Schlep can't read, you discriminator.