Page 1 of 25 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: A Nightmare on Elm Street (remake)

1. A Nightmare on Elm Street (remake)

According to the Ain't in Cool News dudes New Lines is in talks with Platinum Dunes to remake the original Nightmare on Elm Street. Platinum Dunes is currently doing the Friday the 13th remake. Is this fucking necessary? The original is still a great movie.

Will Robert Englund be Freddy? I mean the man IS Freddy for christs sake. I expect a disaster.

Remake of "A Nightmare on Elm Street" coming soon

2. Why remake it? Makes little to no sense.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

3. No Robert Englund, no deal.

But with some nice CG I think they could make a good fucked up Nightmare. Englund still had it in FvJ.

4. You can't improve on the original. You just can't.

This is almost as stupid as The Thing remake I keep hearing about.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. I'm thinking it wouldn't be a remake so much as A Nightmare on Elm Street 8

6. Well, if it is a remake, then I fill justified in dumping this news here...

Jessica: The New Pretty Woman?

Sad to say, but Jessica Simpson’s recent film roles can be summed up in three words: “straight to DVD.”

While the former Mrs. Nick Lachey tasted brief success with Dukes of Hazzard in 2005, her attempt at romantic-comedy stardom with last year's Dane Cook-co-starring Employee of the Month fell flat at the box office. And the inside word on her two latest projects, Major Movie Star, which has no firm release date and Blonde Ambition, which will only be shown in a handful of theaters before hitting the DVD bins, is not good.

With all that in mind, sources close to the blonde bombshell tell OK! that Jess hopes to rebound with a remake of the movie that made Julia Roberts a star — the hooker-with-a-heart-of-gold classic Pretty Woman. “She thinks this one’s got 'hit' written all over it,” a source close to the singer reveals to OK!. “Her father [and manager] Joe has been telling anyone who will listen that she’s the next Julia.”
    source
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. I think I'd like to see a special edition of the first more than a remake. Just redo some of the effects that look horrible now. The scary parts come off as really goofy looking now because of how bad the effects look.

I'd totally be down with a new Nightmare movie. Taken in the right direction it could rule, Englund still has it in him.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Mr-K View Post
    No Robert Englund, no deal.
    and

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    You can't improve on the original. You just can't.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    I think I'd like to see a special edition of the first more than a remake. Just redo some of the effects that look horrible now.
    HELLS NO!!!

"Special Editions" are never, ever good news.

Robert's still got it on the Freddy front. He was great in Freddy Vs Jason. Just make an all-new Nightmare. A remake does not compute.

10. The Thing remake
    Fuck no