Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A New Project I'm Working On.

1. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    Hrm, i've only seen the surface then. Can anyone recommend me some good websites or books that would help me learn it? I'm trying to beef up my arsenal.
    idunnohow.com

Actually I can't really help you (lol sorry man). I went to school and learnt it through using it and the teacher's lessons. I didn't even buy the "required reading" text book so I can't even point you to that.

I've got a good leg'up on the design so far. I've attached a thumbnail of my progress tonight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	idunnohow main.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	118.3 KB 
ID:	30890  
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 01 Feb 2008 at 09:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

2. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    idunnohow.com
    I thought you might say that. Eh, well i guess it's a trip to B&N sometime this week for me. I'm decent at figuring stuff out myself, so maybe i'll just try some projects with it and helpfile what i can't figure out.

I've got a good leg'up on the design so far. I've attached a thumbnail of my progress tonight.
    Looks nice. The bands in the upper right are a little weird. Are they straight and is this some kind of optical illusion or is it clever self commentary on not knowing what one is doing?
    Donk

3. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    I thought you might say that. Eh, well i guess it's a trip to B&N sometime this week for me. I'm decent at figuring stuff out myself, so maybe i'll just try some projects with it and helpfile what i can't figure out.
    I'd help you out if I knew how. If you have any questions once you begin learning just post them here or PM them to me and I'll answer them as best as I can.

Looks nice. The bands in the upper right are a little weird. Are they straight and is this some kind of optical illusion or is it clever self commentary on not knowing what one is doing?
    I purposely tilted them that way to be WACKY AND WILD! Yes it's to make it seem less rigid and perfectionist, since the blogging format is so traditional I need to do something to jazz it up. I had them straight originally and it was boring. I'm also now noticing that the right hand of Shrugs McGee (that's what I named him in my photoshop file) looks weird and rubbery. I'll have to fix that tomorrow.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 01 Feb 2008 at 11:14 PM.
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

You might want to fan those bars out a little bit more. It currently doesn't look like its done out of style, it looks a bit more like a fuck up.

just saying...

5. wasn't that his point?

6. Couldn't hurt to make the angles more dramatic. I'll check it out and see if it conveys better (I'm assuming it will, since two people said the same thing). I also need to make the actual update table larger. I want to make a link to the learning guides right on the main page somehow (maybe the last updated tutorials will go up on the page). I think I'll call the follow-alongs Learning Guides. Since they link to everything and contain commentaries (news posts I write) as I evolve and learn along the way.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 02 Feb 2008 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
    wasn't that his point?
    No. WACKY AND WILD was his point. It looks like it was a mistake while designing, and not a design choice at the moment. desu desu?

8. yeah i get that and what you're saying, but since the point of the website is that its there to teach people who dont have a clue, i thought it worked well weather it was intentional or not. the "mistake" seems legit in this sense.

9. I'd rather it be blatant than subtle. I've already corrected it. The right hand side not being flush helps it along, too. There'll be other ways to make the site more problematic looking but I'm not sure if we'll utilize it outside of a few splatters if it doesn't look right. It has to look professional regardless of what my philosophy is. I don't want to have to redesign it for awhile and sleek usually holds up longer than experimental.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 02 Feb 2008 at 10:30 PM.

10. The guy shrugging breaks the plane way too much, and the sunglasses look retarded.

I like the format you're using for the updates, though.