Page 1 of 31 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL Career Thread

1. TNL Career Thread

What do you do? What do you aspire to do? Are you happy? Are you fulfilled?

2. Oh what fun.

I teach english currently. Aspiration wise... I really don't fucking know. I'm quite happy and fulfilled at the moment though so it's all good.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

I'm hoping to get into editing, haven't finished school yet because I've checked out a number of careers. Going back this year to finish the Bachelor's.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

4. As of Sunday I'm unemployed and in a decent amount of debt.

Go me!
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

5. I'm a licensed California attorney, but I don't actually start my job as an associate at a general practice law office until March.

I don't know if becoming an attorney was something I aspired to do. I actually entered college with the goal of becoming a psychiatrist, but gradually veered towards law school after a few inspiring political science classes. However, law school wasn't what I expected and I became sort of disinterested. But I figured since I was already there, I might as well give it my best shot. I did fairly well and ended up passing the Bar this past November.

Since I haven't started work yet, I don't know if being an attorney would be something I find fulfilling. I've worked in a couple of law offices as an intern during the summer breaks, but that's not enough time for me to tell if this is something I want to do for the next few decades. Time will tell.

6. I entered college as a music major, which turned out to be stressful as hell and I was no longer enjoying making music as much as I use to. Also, the faculty and my colleagues were totally lame. But now it's my hobby again and not my would-be profession, which suits me better.

I changed my major to English Education, which I love. It's so nice getting to do something that comes naturally, all I do is read, write, and discuss. The plan is to become a High School teacher, but I'm thinking about just going all the way and trying to work at a college/university since there's so much more freedom in the class room.

People keep telling me they see me being really successful as a writer for children, so maybe I'll master in Children’s Literature. (I'm currently taking a course on that and it's been really fun.)

What bbobb does sounds really awesome too, but man I think having to learn a new language that well would be pretty hard.

7. shit office work, dunno, kinda, nope. In the midst of trying to figure something out.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Rated E View Post
    What bbobb does sounds really awesome too, but man I think having to learn a new language that well would be pretty hard.
    Ah, but you don't have to learn another language... many of the new JETs don't speak any japanese at all.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

9. I fry food at a local place that fries food.

I also sing in a band that hasn't practiced in over 6 months.
    I want to sing in a band, professionally, someday, otherwise I'd like to be a tattoo artist or something else I don't care about that makes money.

Hey Hubb do you need a barback?

10. bbobb: Really? I figured in order to teach English you'd also have to know how to explain things to them in their own language. Thats cool then.