Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Favorite movies of 2007

1. How does one enjoy Ghost Rider?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    How does one enjoy Ghost Rider?
    Yeah, it wasn't that great but the only bad thing I could really say when I came out of it was, "It could have used more spectacular special effects scenes." Who knows, maybe Eva Mendes had me in a hypnotic trance the whole movie.

3. I'm going to go with the latter.

That shit was painfully bad.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. I didn't see as many movies as I usually do this year. But my answers fall pretty standard with the rest

No Country was the *best* movie I've seen all year in terms of good film making and film studies snobery. But then again I haven't seen There Will Be Blood or that french Butterfly whatever movie (eh). I only saw half of I'm Not There, so I don't really have a full opinion of it. I really liked what I saw though. I'll probably be catching Juno this weekend as well.

In terms of good theater experience:
    Darjeeling Limited. I saw this in theaters and enjoyed it but wasn't really blown away. I watched again on a plane ride and was pleased to see that it held up pretty well.

Live Free or Die Hard. It wasn't perfect, it had some shoddy CG and a retarded plot, but I had fun--so fuck it.

Blade Runner Final Cut: I saw this at midnight in a near empty theater with my girlfriend sleeping next to me. That movie is magic in a theater.

Grindhouse: Saw this twice in theaters, once in a dissappointingly empty multi-plex with a group of my friends. The second time I saw it at the tail end of a triple feature (Last Mimzy, Pirates 3, Grindhouse) at a drive-in outside of Baltimore in August. We kicked it in the back of an Explorer with a cooler full of beer and red bull. By the time Death Proof was ending the image was fading from the rising dawn. That was one of the best movie going experiences I've ever had--and I'm delighted that I saw Grindhouse in pretty much the exact setting it was made for.

Others I saw and enjoyed: Knocked Up, Superbad (I saw a bad cam of this, so if I had seen this in theaters it may have liked it more), 300, Reno 911: Miami, Order of the Phoenix, The Simpsons.

Nothing else really stands out that I can remember, but there are several movies I missed that I wanted to see: The first half of I'm Not There, Charlie Wilson's War, There Will Be Blood, Clove-(wait, that's 2k8), Zodiac, American Gangster, Assassination of Jesse James, Juno. A couple of others.

Shit movies I saw

AVP:R: This was like getting a labotomy. I like dumb fun, but this was just dumb with no fun.

Transformers: Standard Michael Bay with some okay moments with giant machines crashing into eachother. I will probably never see it again.

Pirates 3: Completely incomprehensable, haphazardly made, and overly long. Just a total mess.