Page 1 of 10 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanted

Wanted

I don't know much about Wanted, but the Super Bowl commercial kicked ass.

edit: It stars James McAvoy, Morgan Freeman, and Angelina Jolie and opens June 27th.

2. If you read the comic, you would have cried.

In a bad way.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

3. I've seen the trailer, it looks horrible.

As sleeve mentioned they're ruining the comic. What is this good guy assassins bullshit?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

I had no clue this was a comic. It must be something fairly recent.

5. Sometime in the 2000's, I don't remember when exactly.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Yeah, that's well after my comic book days. I probably bought my last book in about 1993.

7. The premise of the comic (avoiding spoilers OMG) was that Wesley discovers he's the son of the Killer, the greatest assassin who ever lived, and a member of a society of supervillains.

But the best part was, the supervillains had already won. By the time Wesley joined them, they had already killed every superhero in their way. So they resorted to raping and pillaging other universes, and killing their superheroes. Over the course of the story, Wesley goes from being a mild-mannered office drone to a depraved, violent, amoral sociopath.

"Kill one man, save a thousand," my ass.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

8. Yeahhhhh... this is going to be a giant piece of shit.

The comic's actually pretty awesome, Yoshi. Worth picking up used on Amazon at least.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    The premise of the comic (avoiding spoilers OMG) was that Wesley discovers he's the son of the Killer, the greatest assassin who ever lived, and a member of a society of supervillains.

But the best part was, the supervillains had already won. By the time Wesley joined them, they had already killed every superhero in their way. So they resorted to raping and pillaging other universes, and killing their superheroes. Over the course of the story, Wesley goes from being a mild-mannered office drone to a depraved, violent, amoral sociopath.

"Kill one man, save a thousand," my ass.
    Fuck. The comic sounds awesome.

10. Don't get too carried away, the main character's drawn to look like Eminem.
    Time for a change