Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 68910

Thread: Wanted

1. Quote Originally Posted by Revoltor View Post
    Haven't watched Shoot'em Up yet but I have seen Crank and Rambo. As much as I loved those two movies, Wanted is the perfect Summer popcorn schlockbuster.

Overused fx? Check
    Hot chick? Check
    Older mentor dude? Check
    Blood/Gore? Check
    Humor? Check
    Car chases? Check
    Bullet ballets? Check
    Doesn't take itself seriously? Check

I could go on and on but the proof is in the pudding. This movie's a crowd pleaser. That doesn't necessarily make it the greatest action flick ever but it's definitely better made and more accessible than Crank or Rambo. I mean at least you can take a chick to this movie and not have her expect that you're gonna rape her afterward.
    this.

I finally saw it on my comp. Loved it. Revoltor took the words out of my mouth.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Regus View Post
    I loved this fucking movie. This movie was Fight Club meets the Matrix, with a little dash of Equilibrium tossed in at the end. It was so over the top, it was ridiculous. I had a huge smile on my face the whole way through. This movie is the culmination of all the trends wrought by the matrix, and multiplied by twenty.

This movie was a fucking blast.

I like this director, and I will support him in the future.
    Same, I enjoyed the hell out of this. I walked out of the theater with a smile on my face and wasnt planning to.

3. I had a rare Friday night tonight where I didn't have any shows to work at my various venues of employment, so I hit up the comics shop for something to read. The guy suggested the Wanted TPB and I plowed through the whole thing. Holy shit, it was awesome. The ending is pretty ballsy and managed to be not what I expected while at the same time being the only thing I reasonably could have expected.

As I read it I kept thinking to myself "there is just no way they made a movie out of this" so I had to drop in here and read some spoilers. Looking at what you guys said, looks like they didn't make a movie out of this after all.

4. looks like they didn't make a movie out of this after all.
    Pretty much, this could have been the Postal movie for all it had in common with the source material.