Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Last Emperor

1. Suck it up. It's the Asian Dr. Zhivago for god's sake.

2. i already have the older release, just wish this one was OAR

3. I remember watching this movie years ago and being like "what the hell is going on?" and I remember thinking it was awfully long though I was like 8 so maybe explains it. I did manage to watch all the movie though. Now maybe I need to watch it again, since I should be able to understand what the hell is going on.

4. Is this about a midget looking for love in all the wrong places Granderoho's butt?

5. Hay so when will Criterion start releasing Blu-ray editions?
    Last edited by epmode; 28 Feb 2008 at 01:25 PM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    Hay so when will Criterion start releasing Blu-ray editions?
    I hope soon, their DVD packages are so sweet.

7. I really hope they don't have to have that fucking ugly day-glo blue case for their releases.

But so far, Criterion has not really said anything about Blu-Ray. They surely will be soon now that the format wars are settled. It should be interesting what gets released. Their Laserdisc Catelog is pretty different from their DVD catelog, so could be same for Blu-Ray.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

8. Based on rights-wrangling, don't expect a lot of the same films, at least in the next five years or so.

I can't imagine Criterion not doing HD transfers as soon as the technology to do so became available, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. Looking at my collection of Criterion movies, they have been doing it at least as far back as 2003. My copy of "Straw Dogs" (#182)says its a "High-definition digital transfer", and the next oldest one I have "Withnail & I" (#119) says its an RSDL transfer. So somewhere in between they started that.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!