Page 3495 of 3613 FirstFirst ... 348134913493349434953496349734993509 ... LastLast
Results 34,941 to 34,950 of 36124

Thread: What's Bugging You Today? Volume 3, Part 1

1. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    We do not have better health care. We have universally accessible healthcare. There's a huge difference.
    Universal access to health care IS better health care when the opposite is "Obscenely expensive don't go get a checkup" healthcare. Are there flaws? Certainly. I'd rather deal with the flaws.

2. I heard your healthcare amounts to "here's a handful of maple leaves. Rub them on your wound aboot four times a day, yeah?"

3. Hey man there's a reason the maple leaf is on our flag, dig?

4. Why I hate politics.
    The people: "There's this issue that affects 100,000,000 people!"
    Politician A: "Here's a plan that will help 75% of them!"
    Politician B: "Fuck that plan, you're leaving 25 million people out to hang!" (p.s. usually they're the people that need the help the least.)
    Politician A: "Yeah, but while we suss out how to help the rest at least most of the people are taken care of!"
    Politician B: "My constituents fall in that minority and I can't support something that doesn't immediately help them! Meanwhile I don't have anything better to offer!"
    Politicians A-Z vote and the plan doesn't pass by a narrow margin.
    100,000,000 people still suffer.

The government does donuts like cousin Eddie holding out for a management position and nothing gets done because The Perfect Plan That Works For Everyone Uniformly is a unicorn.

watching a diy show. They broke a bunch of cds and glued the bits shiny side up to a wooden tray like tile.

Then they made dumb bells with a section of all thread and $40 in cds.

...why not just pawn or donate that disk media? Why make a hideous tray that no one will use? No one is going to use those dumbbells.

Stupid.

6. Canadian health care: it’s better than nothing.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

7. I mean that sounds like a cool flippant thing to say on an internet message board. But it actually means a huge increase in the living standard of millions.

As a capitalist pig that’s a concession I am glad to make.

8. Dang Drew, I never thought I'd hear you say that. Good on you for being reasonable - we agree more and more these days!
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

9. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    watching a diy show. They broke a bunch of cds and glued the bits shiny side up to a wooden tray like tile. Then they made dumb bells with a section of all thread and $40 in cds....why not just pawn or donate that disk media? Why make a hideous tray that no one will use? No one is going to use those dumbbells. Stupid.
    I've got a science friend who is melting down old VHS tapes for ferrofluid, I've had to save some rares from him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. We need to preserve this stuff for future generations. I can't imagine the horror of living in a world where Hoobastank and Problem Child 2 are forever lost.