Page 3113 of 3613 FirstFirst ... 309931093111311231133114311531173127 ... LastLast
Results 31,121 to 31,130 of 36124

Thread: What's Bugging You Today? Volume 3, Part 1

1. Refurbs are a good way to go!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Guardians of the Galaxy Steelbooks preorders are sold out. I'll try and work some magic and get one.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    i think tnl is literally the only place on the internet that dislikes cats.
    A lot of people don't like cats and some people don't like dogs either. My opinion is that there are pros and cons to both. A cat needs a lot less care, is smaller (generally), it poops and pees in a box without training, and they're mostly quiet pets. Dogs tend to be more personable, you can have fun with them outside, and they tend to serve more utility purposes such as hunting, guarding, and livestock herding.

I've only ever had cats since I was a little kid. Our first cat named Rusty weighed somewhere around 35lbs at his peak (I've been questioned on this before and I swear that I'm not making that up) and acted a lot like a dog than a typical cat. My cat now is perhaps one of the dumbest cats I've ever owned but he's loyal, he kills mice that get into the house, he finds my son's lost pacifiers and brings them to me, and he's pretty easy to take care of. I like dogs just as much as cats though, I've just never owned one. I'd like to get a Great Dane some day as my grandfather had one and was perhaps my favorite of all the dogs he's had over the years. I suppose I just like animals. I've had pet mice in the past that were left over from a high school science experiment (that actually killed some of them unfortunately) and I wanted a hedgehog and a ferret when I was a kid. I don't get all the hate and hype for one or the other personally.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

4. Quote Originally Posted by Korian View Post
    Guardians of the Galaxy Steelbooks preorders are sold out. I'll try and work some magic and get one.
    Just wait for them to go on clearance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold View Post
    One more thing: The place I took my computer to get repaired was is same place I bought it. The machine was used but they assured me it was all checked out and in great condition. When they gave me the quote, they asked "Did you drop it?" I said no. "Well, it's got a dent in the side and we can tell it's been dropped." I told them it was in the same condition it was in when I bought it from them less than a year ago. And that dent? I asked about it when I purchased it. You said it was "cosmetic" and that everything was in working order and perfect.

In conclusion: I'm an idiot for listening to their bullshit, buying a used Mac.
    You probably believe Gamestop actually "refurbishes" the used consoles they sell as well.

6. I'm a dullard with a lot of things, but I'm not that stupid.

I guess the assumption was that as an official reseller, and an official repair shop, they would check out a machine they took in. Lesson learned.

(I was told after the fact that this particular shop is filled with assholes.)
    Last edited by Brisco Bold; 22 Nov 2014 at 12:20 PM.

7. Apple resellers have always sucked.
    I would just buy from Apple directly, and use an old student ID# to get a discount.

8. The Apple Store has a refurbished section. It's where I've bought all my MPBs from.

9. Yeah, my first Macbook plain was a refurb. HDD failed after 3 months but they fixed it for free. It failed again afterward, but it didn't matter because everything was backed up. That was 5 years ago? Works like a charm now.

Anyway, I bought a new computer, fixed the old one for a fraction of the price quoted, got it checked out for free, and am going to sell it.
    Last edited by Brisco Bold; 23 Nov 2014 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Just wait for them to go on clearance.
    All Marvel Steelbooks sell out, and they increase in value.