Page 3547 of 3613 FirstFirst ... 353335433545354635473548354935513561 ... LastLast
Results 35,461 to 35,470 of 36124

Thread: What's Bugging You Today? Volume 3, Part 1

1. I figure it is mostly labor anyway. He said it will be a 5-6 hour job, most of that is removing the old rails, etc.

2. My plaza landlord is bugging me.

When I first moved into this place, they took a larger spot that was already inhabited by someone, built a wall down the middle, and split the space in half. A side effect of this was that the bathroom that used to be for the one big spot would now be shared by the two small spots. Being that the other spot was a shitty wannabe gym, that sucked balls because I had to share a bathroom with all the members of the dumb gym. We'd split the water bill and I was paying $20-30 per month on it. It wasn't a huge amount of money and I had nothing to compare it to so I didn't know I was getting boned.

Then, gym guy decided to move to another large spot and the one he was in became vacant. It has been vacant for nearly a year and a half. This entire time the water bill has been $3-4. Of course I was pissed to learn I was paying for his dude bro assholes that liked to kick the dividing wall betweeb the two spaces and knock my games off the wall to go piss all over the toilet I would clean because I'm not a fucking animal. But whatever.

Last month gym guy decided to take over that spot again, in addition to the larger spot he was already in on its opposite side, and even though he has restrooms in that larger spot, he's letting people use this one again. I got the water bill yesterday. It was for $14.XX. I called the landlord office and talked to the secretary. "Oh, I'm sorry, I don't think Rob (landlord) even knew there was a shared bathroom. I'll talk to him and call you tomorrow." I said, "Ok. It's just that I have a history of using $3-4 of water per month. Why can't you bill me that and bill Colin (gym guy) whatever the difference is. Heck, you can bill me $5 just in case I use the restroom a few more times than usual or something." She said she'll call back.

She called earlier today. "Rob said from now on, you can pay the water bill in full but deduct $10 from your rent." I said, "Okkkaaaayyyy. But what happens if the next water bill increases even more? She said she'll talk to Rob and get back to me.

She just called again. "Rob said that we'll flat bill you for $7, and you pay the normal rent." I said, "That makes no sense whatsoever, but ok. That's fine. That's how we'll do it."

So asshole moved in, and landlord can't figure out that dude that used the same amount of water consistently for 18 months shouldn't have to pay more when the usage goes up because another tenant started using the facility as well.

I know on the residential side that if tenants don't have separate water meters, the landlord has to pay the water and builds that cost into the rent. I wonder if it's not the same for commercial. It's not enough money to really pursue it, but it sure is dumb.
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 23 Mar 2018 at 02:26 PM.

3. Were having an issue with our trash dumpster at work. A commissary kitchen moved in next door and now the dumpster is overflowing. Landlord want to jack up the cost by $50 for us when it’s never been a problem until they moved in with their 7 tenants all producing trash.
    Boo, Hiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    My plaza landlord is bugging me.

When I first moved into this place, they took a larger spot that was already inhabited by someone, built a wall down the middle, and split the space in half. A side effect of this was that the bathroom that used to be for the one big spot would now be shared by the two small spots. Being that the other spot was a shitty wannabe gym, that sucked balls because I had to share a bathroom with all the members of the dumb gym. We'd split the water bill and I was paying $20-30 per month on it. It wasn't a huge amount of money and I had nothing to compare it to so I didn't know I was getting boned.

Then, gym guy decided to move to another large spot and the one he was in became vacant. It has been vacant for nearly a year and a half. This entire time the water bill has been $3-4. Of course I was pissed to learn I was paying for his dude bro assholes that liked to kick the dividing wall betweeb the two spaces and knock my games off the wall to go piss all over the toilet I would clean because I'm not a fucking animal. But whatever.

Last month gym guy decided to take over that spot again, in addition to the larger spot he was already in on its opposite side, and even though he has restrooms in that larger spot, he's letting people use this one again. I got the water bill yesterday. It was for $14.XX. I called the landlord office and talked to the secretary. "Oh, I'm sorry, I don't think Rob (landlord) even knew there was a shared bathroom. I'll talk to him and call you tomorrow." I said, "Ok. It's just that I have a history of using $3-4 of water per month. Why can't you bill me that and bill Colin (gym guy) whatever the difference is. Heck, you can bill me $5 just in case I use the restroom a few more times than usual or something." She said she'll call back.

She called earlier today. "Rob said from now on, you can pay the water bill in full but deduct $10 from your rent." I said, "Okkkaaaayyyy. But what happens if the next water bill increases even more? She said she'll talk to Rob and get back to me.

She just called again. "Rob said that we'll flat bill you for $7, and you pay the normal rent." I said, "That makes no sense whatsoever, but ok. That's fine. That's how we'll do it."

So asshole moved in, and landlord can't figure out that dude that used the same amount of water consistently for 18 months shouldn't have to pay more when the usage goes up because another tenant started using the facility as well.

I know on the residential side that if tenants don't have separate water meters, the landlord has to pay the water and builds that cost into the rent. I wonder if it's not the same for commercial. It's not enough money to really pursue it, but it sure is dumb.

My dad had this issue before his falling out. Landlords response was to double the rent.

5. I've a lease, so I'm not in danger of that happening. The plaza lost 3 tenants in the last year. They're lucky I don't start pulling some shit.

6. Tell him to up the rent by $10 to cover the water bill, and then make a skating rink in the parking lot every winter, and a slip'n'slide every summer.

7. I'll definitely be shampooing the carpets more.

8. Make a leaky toilet is all you need to fuck this up

9. https://amp.reddit.com/r/enoughpeter...mpression=true

[Students] come in with the most bizarre idea of what 'post-modernism' is, and to even get to a real discussion of actual texts it takes half the time to just deprogram some of them. It's a minority of students, but it's affected my teaching style, because now I feel defensive about presenting ideas that I've taught without controversy for years.

Peterson is on the record saying Women's Studies departments and the Neo-Marxists are out to literally*destroy western civilization*and I have to patiently explain to them that, no, these people are my friends and colleagues, their research is generally very boring and unobjectionable, and you need to stop feeding yourself on this virtual reality that systematically cherry-picks things that perpetuates this neurological addiction to anger and belief vindication--every new upvoted confirmation of the faith a fresh dopamine high if how bad*they*are.

10. I never found the language or way he lumped all liberal academics under one blanket term a palatable idea. Ironically it felt akin to the way the far left lumps everything under an alt-right banner. I still find much of the lessons of people like Thaddeus Russell full of wishful assumptions, though.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 26 Mar 2018 at 10:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."