Page 3525 of 3613 FirstFirst ... 351135213523352435253526352735293539 ... LastLast
Results 35,241 to 35,250 of 36124

Thread: What's Bugging You Today? Volume 3, Part 1

1. Do you make any money off of PSN codes, SSJN?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. I’d be happy to work that out if it nets you a couple bucks.
    Boo, Hiss.

3. I make 5%, so not really no.

4. Anything new is pretty much pure shit for indie stores, the markup is honestly ridiculous.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post

Anyway. That's that.
    Back in my mid-20s, I was vacillating between what I wanted to do with my life, and I was trying to convince my dad to loan me the money to start up a brick and mortar vintage clothing/punk/novelty shop. He declined, and I was butthurt as hell, but that's when I started up my etsy instead. Nearly a decade later and I'm satisfied that I never went into the the storefront route. I still toy with the idea now and then, because I think it's insanely respectable that there are people out there who are so devoted to a niche that they will have a store about it. I really, really miss the 90s boutiques and game stores, fun places you could waste time and browse and learn about cool new things.
    However, as things evolve and change over time, our exposure to new media (games included) is just a totally different experience than it was 20 years ago. We don't need to wander downtown to find a new game to play or new band to listen to, because the internet and tech availability has changed our entire entertainment trajectory. I love where we've gone tech-wise (which is why I pivoted to getting my education) BUT I do miss the idyllic niche marketplaces we used to have access to, and could disappear in from time to time.

I mean, I love clothing more than anything - I could yammer on about vintage or new trends for hours. I would love to share that knowledge and that passion with people, while still making *some* money. I've been lucky in the sense that the internet has given me a pretty good spot to do that. Sometimes I'll get a message or a picture from someone who bought a beloved item and it makes it worth it. It's not the same as being a cultural hub for a local downtown or whatever. BUT...I don't miss the face to face aspects I faced when I was younger and working retail. If someone is bugging me about an item and they are being weird and unreasonable online, I stop responding. Problems are usually solved quickly and with partial refunds. Most people are happy customers. So, I dunno. I give you a lot of credit for sticking it out irl but I know if I personally made the plunge from online to brick and mortar, I'd hate everything and everyone about clothing and fashion. I guess I don't want to ruin it for myself, it's the one hobby I covet, the one I can let myself disappear into. So, I'm overall thankful my dad didn't ever give me the go ahead for a shop, because I learned more about myself and how the world works this way. But....I still kind of have that daydream about a some punk kid coming in to my fantasy vintage shop and finding that perfect jacket that changed their life. Because, hey, I was that kid. And I remember that jacket, I can still feel it in my hands when I think about it.

So, I dunno. I can see all sides of it. But yeah, props for hanging in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

6. house renovations fucking suck and I can't believe there's people that get off on this shit

7. I am so not looking forward to that shit
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

8. When I was younger a friend of my brother gave me a zippo for my birthday. My dad found out a few days later. Took it and said he lost it. Now 10 years later I'm looking for a screwdriver and guess what I found near them. That zippo. >:/ I asked him about it two months ago and he told me the same story. I'm a little upset honestly.

9. He's been lighting joints with it for 10 years. Happy birthday, kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. I think it was out of fuel when I got it