Page 3215 of 3613 FirstFirst ... 320132113213321432153216321732193229 ... LastLast
Results 32,141 to 32,150 of 36124

Thread: What's Bugging You Today? Volume 3, Part 1

1. I think most people are within two or three degrees of friends from photographers, DJs, and probably florists. Network a little and you can put something nice together without spending a hateful amount of money.

2. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I think most people are within two or three degrees of friends from photographers, DJs, and probably florists. Network a little and you can put something nice together without spending a hateful amount of money.
    Very true. My mom and stepdad are both professional photographers, so I can have them do engagement and bridal photos and then have them help find a photographer for the reception. My mom is also friends with a florist, so that helps. It shouldn't be too bad now that we have decided to go this route, and while we still need to get everything planned and booked early enough, we don't have to worry about booking a venue.

3. I was just going to ask Yeller to design my flyers for free. He needs the exposure, right?

4. Hold a contest! If you live happily ever after and die in each other's arms cut them a check.

5. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    I was just going to ask Yeller to design my flyers for free. He needs the exposure, right?
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to MechDeus again.

6. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    I was just going to ask Yeller to design my flyers for free. He needs the exposure, right?
    Hot damn! My time to shine!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. Quote Originally Posted by ElCapichan View Post
    Very true. My mom and stepdad are both professional photographers, so I can have them do engagement and bridal photos and then have them help find a photographer for the reception. My mom is also friends with a florist, so that helps. It shouldn't be too bad now that we have decided to go this route, and while we still need to get everything planned and booked early enough, we don't have to worry about booking a venue.
    I'm thinking between 100 and 120 if memory serves correctly. The yard wasn't exceptionally big so it was a little tight in spots but we still managed to cram in some portapotties and had a couple of alcohol stations. We had the DJ up front and we just danced on the grass. Almost everything we did was networked through friends and family. It was a black town (which I find to be more tight-knit than a lot of white communities) so we had some local friends prepare the yard basically for free and the church was less than a block away so everyone just walked. If you have any friends with decent sound equipment and some basic computer skills, I would utilize them instead of a professional DJ because they can be absurdly expensive these days without actually doing much other than making short statements on the microphone and all but using an iPod playlist through a computer. We also went the cheaper route for catering (family/friends did the cooking and some waiters from the retirement home we used to work at did the serving), the photographer (a friend of my wife's sister), and we purchased all the alcohol ourselves over the border in Delaware (WAY cheaper than in PA). For the most part, I thought the quality was just as good as any wedding I've ever been to while maybe just not looking quite as nice. We were fortunate for good weather that day but if you're doing it outside you need to have the tent coverage to prepare for bad weather. If you've got more questions, please feel free to ask. I can always refer to my wife. It's a shame that you don't live close because I know she's capable of putting together a large event for a very good budget.

Had some snags with unemployment and found that it may not have been as much as I was hoping for because my job before my most recent was out of state and I didn't have any reported PA income in the time frame they're looking at even though I started two weeks before the end of that. I'm not going to sit on my ass for another week or so to find out without any income so I accepted a job with a previous employer today. My hope was to ride out unemployment for as long as I could to take the time find something as good or better than where I got laid off from (or even better, out of the fucking restaurant business). I'm likely looking at slotting into an lower level management position after a few weeks and going back to hourly pay from salary. The restaurant is the busiest place I've ever worked at (and has gotten even busier) and can be extremely high intensity from open to close on even week days. Seventeen hour shifts (which are rare but...) without even so much as a cigarette in a 95 degree kitchen are tough for the best of us. The chef also never hires for full-time, no matter what but assured me as long as I bring my A-game that I should be at full-time after my first week and move forward from there.

The plus sides are that I know that work and business will be stable. I'm familiar with the business and learning any new menu items will probably only take me a shift or two. One of my best friends is a sous chef there and another good friend of mine is an hourly kitchen manager. I don't know him well but I've been acquainted with the head chef for a number of years and we get along. Most of the staff has changed but I still know a few people there and I was well liked by all of my coworkers. It's also a job in a time where a lot of people struggle to find one.

Not quite the way I had hoped this would all work out but I'm kind of excited to get back to a busy spot with a hard-core and well meshed group of misfits that make up the cooking world.

8. Had my tonsils, adenoids, and uvula cut out. Also my sinus bones shaved down, old scar tissue removed, and septum straightened.

The sinus shit is fine, but this throat pain came correct. Like, every swallow is a teeth powdering wince.

I was given hydromorphone since I'm allergic to Percocet. It's fine, I suppose, but not touching the throat pain.
    Boo, Hiss.

9. If you take enough if it, you might still be in pain but you won't give a shit.

I'm not suggesting you follow this advice, I'm mostly joking. First time I had opiates was after my wisdom teeth got removed. I doubled the dose and sat on the couch playing Call of Duty for six hours and thought it was one of the most profound experiences of my life. I didn't touch the shit for years after that. Unfortunately, I was busy putting heroin up my nose 6 years later.

Honestly I'd suggest people do without it unless they're really in extreme pain they can't deal with. Opiates are wonderful drugs but they also "have the devil in them" as my late Father would say.

10. What's Bugging You Today? Volume 3, Part 1

I'm very careful with prescription style drugs. I know I have the bug, and it'd be easy for me to get abusive. I stick to the prescribed amount and times almost always.
    Boo, Hiss.