Page 3550 of 3613 FirstFirst ... 353635463548354935503551355235543564 ... LastLast
Results 35,491 to 35,500 of 36124

Thread: What's Bugging You Today? Volume 3, Part 1

1. The citric acid cycle is, like, totally relative, man.

2. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I get that, but I still think the left (here) wants to have The Abortion Conversation more, not less.
    I think each side tends wants to have the right conversation about abortion as dictated by them. In Canada the summer jobs program required all churches and other parties wanting to participate to swear on an inclusive and diversity statement against, among other things, abortion. Churches, by law, have the right to belief whatever religious ideas they want, hate speech notwithstanding. The job programs were not largely religious in nature, either—just community outreach to give teens some summer jobs. There was a vote recently, and an MP on the Liberal party decided to vote against that and was pretty severely punished by being stripped of his chair. This wasn't a party troublemaker, btw... 3 decades of mostly towing the party line. Also note this vote wasn't about a law or anything, just the right to theoretically oppose an idea the liberal caucus had decided wasn't going to be permitted. Pretty shitty.

I realize the states isn't nearly as progressive as Canada so the conversation is much different (abortions for all, bitch)... but the Liberal party up here has been getting tighter and tighter in its authoritarian stance on these types of things since Trudeau took office. It's a step too far.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 27 Mar 2018 at 11:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. Churches get enough handouts as it is. Fuck their government subsidized 'jobs'.

4. It seems like a weird little program to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. I just tried to buy My Bloody Valentine tickets for Seattle in July. ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY FIVE FUCKING DOLLARS. That's not even general admission, that's for a seat in the back. I missed out on the Treepeople show last month and now I'm getting priced out of this show. Lame.

6. Yeah, you should actually wait till actual onsale dates for those, that's scalpers selling a few early tickets, actual presale starts tomorrow with public onsale on Friday. Actual box office tickets are 40-55

That said, they're going to sell out almost immediately.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. That's much more reasonable. I'm going to try to get tickets on Friday, but I just noticed the show is at the Paramount on a flipping Tuesday, so I won't be too disappointed if I miss out.

8. Yeah, I'm skipping it because I can't do Seattle on a Tuesday night, especially since I'm going on vacation the next week.

So I'm going to grab Chvrches tickets for Portland tomorrow instead
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I realize the states isn't nearly as progressive as Canada so the conversation is much different (abortions for all, bitch)... but the Liberal party up here has been getting tighter and tighter in its authoritarian stance on these types of things since Trudeau took office. It's a step too far.
    I can't speak for Canada, but I think for young liberals in the US, they are tired of what they see as humoring the right. They don't see it as a discussion or an argument. They see the liberal stance on things like abortion and gay marriage as the only right answer and they are tired of listening to the right and waiting for them to get on board.

From their pov, they've been waiting 2000+ years for conservatives to get over women's rights and gays.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 25 Apr 2018 at 07:03 PM.

It also doesn't help that the vocal minorities on the right tend to justify their stances with cloud emperor.