Page 3574 of 3613 FirstFirst ... 356035703572357335743575357635783588 ... LastLast
Results 35,731 to 35,740 of 36124

Thread: What's Bugging You Today? Volume 3, Part 1

or volunteer work. You could do that.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    ... rant about office normies ...
    This is pretty typical, dude. Do you have non-work friends? It's best to keep work at work. I'm not just spouting that to be glib, either. Work friends are fine for like, "Hey let's the five of us go to lunch!" and holiday parties. Not for hiking and camping and other cool activities that may involve bonding and shit.

Also, to be clear, the Australian guy is Jake, right? It has to be. Fucking Jake.

God damn that Jake.

4. I can hear him introducing himself, too.

’ELLO AHM JAIKE

5. Jake is living his best life. Maybe you should fuck Jake too, Drew. Do it too Dreewwww

6. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I found out today that a lot of people have been fucking around at work. No big deal--they're young and c'est la vie. Two of my coworkers Jake and Leila broke up in a pretty messy way. Shortly after another coworker named Tom began dating Leila behind ex dudes back. I thought it was shitty but they seem to be really happy and are a good couple.

My older friend at work Katie used to tell me how shitty that was. She also said how she dislikes the ex guy because he was such a toxic guy (he's from western Australia and says pretty sexist and racist things in almost an innocent way--nothing too offensive). Fast forward to today when Katie tells me she's fucking Jake now. She told Leila who said she didn't care (she doesn't like it though).

Am I wrong to think... I clearly don't know Katie and can't believe anything she says is authentic now? I don't like the drama at all because me and my wife used to go hiking and camping w this crew now it's all shit. I feel really guilty but I don't think I can hang out w Jake and Katie for awhile. They seem like a huge mess.
    This does sound pretty typical office-y, but I'd definitely advise you to stay out of it outside of the occasional workplace soiree or whatever. Fucking coworkers is dumb as bricks but people do it anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

7. I'm okay w relationships at work. The issue now is Katy and I were quite good friends and she's doing something that makes it hard for me to interact w these people in a way I don't enjoy. I can just stick Leila and Tom and Jake in to the coworkers bucket whence they came from. But i'm not stuck with Katy as a complication to the dynamic.

I think if I had to choose who to be friends w in the divorce I'd pick Leila though. She just wanted a relationship from the beginning and that's what she did. I can respect that. It's authentic.

Thanks the jokes and notes from y'all helped me process.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    This is pretty typical, dude. Do you have non-work friends? It's best to keep work at work. I'm not just spouting that to be glib, either. Work friends are fine for like, "Hey let's the five of us go to lunch!" and holiday parties. Not for hiking and camping and other cool activities that may involve bonding and shit.

Also, to be clear, the Australian guy is Jake, right? It has to be. Fucking Jake.
    Oh yea. We just had been enjoying the hiking. Leila is from NYC and had been a net positive to showing us new things. I think partially I'm processing that this new dynamic ruins that. Jake can't come on hikes because he injured himself as a volunteer fire fighter in Oz. If I cut Katy out I can preserve that dynamic. At this point I'm taking Sats advice and throwing them all in to the sea so I don't have to deal w it. I'm an chief where I work so it doesn't look good on me to be involved here.

TNL Holmes figured it out, that ozzy bastard is Jake!

10. IMO people are complicated and you shouldn't judge them so harshly, particularly when it comes to their feelings. People get really retarded from romantic feelings.