Page 3583 of 3613 FirstFirst ... 356935793581358235833584358535873597 ... LastLast
Results 35,821 to 35,830 of 36124

Thread: What's Bugging You Today? Volume 3, Part 1

1. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Why have history related rides when you wash them to the point that they could just as well be talking rocks or fruit?
    Because it’s not history, it’s Disney’s interpretation of history which means it can be molded, retreaded, and shapeshifted into something that is easily consumable from decade to decade to reinforce the good vs bad trope. I agree that whitewashing them is dumb, but the point of going to Disney isn’t a history lesson, despite what good old Uncle Walt wants you to think. It’s a brand, it’s a lifestyle, and millions of visitors a year prefer their whitewashed entertainment version of the civil war or whatever than compared to ACTUAL, not easily digestible history. Like the one where there are not clear winners and losers, etc. it’s capitalism baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

Who let all these children into Disney World?

3. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    They should just put all the rapists in one attraction and call it Ducktales Rape Escape.
    This is gold. I've had "Scientifically Accurate Ducktales" going through my head for weeks, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    If the internet is any indication, they will find out the world was full of rape until very recently via wikipedia by age 12.
    This is an unassailable reason to have rapey pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Who let all these children into Disney World?
    Your mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Because it’s not history, it’s Disney’s interpretation of history which means it can be molded, retreaded, and shapeshifted into something that is easily consumable from decade to decade to reinforce the good vs bad trope. I agree that whitewashing them is dumb, but the point of going to Disney isn’t a history lesson, despite what good old Uncle Walt wants you to think. It’s a brand, it’s a lifestyle, and millions of visitors a year prefer their whitewashed entertainment version of the civil war or whatever than compared to ACTUAL, not easily digestible history. Like the one where there are not clear winners and losers, etc. it’s capitalism baby.
    I'm not convinced they actually asked any visitors what they wanted.

And does it really reinforce a good vs bad trope when everyone is washed to the point no one actually did anything wrong? They replaced the whore bidding with bidding on chickens. What's the moral lesson here? Eat more leafy greens?

6. Except for romaine lettuce, yeah.

7. Just let the kids learn how to get a deal on a chicken.

8. I'd also like to learn how to get a deal on a chicken.

9. How am I supposed to explain to my kids how some people want to fuck chickens?!
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

10. Gonzo can help with that talk.