Page 3527 of 3613 FirstFirst ... 351335233525352635273528352935313541 ... LastLast
Results 35,261 to 35,270 of 36124

Thread: What's Bugging You Today? Volume 3, Part 1

1. I wouldn't be surprised if there ends up being a surplus of these cards on the market in the near future. Mining cryptocurrency can become unprofitable very quickly if energy costs go up or the currency value goes down.

2. And that's why the companies aren't ramping up production, they don't want to have a glut of 1080s on the market when they decide to launch the 1180

3. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    They’re mining Etherium. Not Bitcoin.

And stop getting mad at users because a company can’t meet demand. You can get mad at the resellers if you have to, but I don’t think you get to decide how people choose to use their graphics cards.
    Oh serious? I know next to nothing about etherium, what makes the GPUs in demand for that versus btc? Different mining style?
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

I've not looked in a bit, but last I heard ASICs made GPU mining for BTC a waste of time and electricity back in 2014-ish. That's when everyone switched over to mining shitcoins, and trading against BTC.

5. a haaaaa! makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

6. Homegrown GPU miners don't have a fast enough hashrate to make sense financially anymore. Custom miners like Antminer S9 are how people can enter in to bit mining now. They're really expensive. You can join a pool (thanks Josh!) with shittier GPU based miners that update mandates and scripts to automatically switch to whichever cryptos are in demand (this, to me, reeks of pump and dumping). Those blocks then get sold off against bitcoin. In theory any coin that gets as popular as bitcoin would run in to the same problem, eventually.

As a hobby mining cryptos has been fun. But any money I've made in bitcoin was a few years back when you could buy them as novelty joke investments.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. Newegg's 1080 Ti prices are $1000-1500, mostly. Really cray.
    Then there's what Error said- maybe NVIDIA doesn't want so many 1080 cards out when it's time for the 1180 (actually, I am sure it will be called the 2080). When the 20 series is out, hopefully NVIDIA (and their chip supplier TSMC) will kick up production to fix the supply problem. Here's hoping 2080 Ti is not much more than $700-800.

Right now the Titan V (the first Volta) is $4249-5300 at Amazon for a $2999 MSRP card.
    Anyway NVIDIA is selling it at their own shop for $2999, at a limit of 2 per customer. Their shop prices are all MSRP (so, the 1080 Ti would be $700). Screw the resellers.

8. If you’re cool spending 3k on a graphics card, you deserve all this inflation.
    Boo, Hiss.

yeah, what the fuck are you guys playing that you have to have this card now?

10. VR Chat probably
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!