Page 3598 of 3613 FirstFirst ... 358435943596359735983599360036023612 ... LastLast
Results 35,971 to 35,980 of 36124

Thread: What's Bugging You Today? Volume 3, Part 1

1. awesome
    great work. thanks for sharing
    Last edited by BonusKun; 02 Jun 2019 at 12:08 PM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    The reason they enforce it isn't because of the drug, it's because they know they don't have to pay for your care if you used it and they'd rather not pay for shit.
    I realize that, it just seems pretty dirty. I’ve worked at other places that had a post-accident testing program in place but only under reasonable suspicion.

3. Yeah, that's ridiculous. You're not operating heavy equipment.

4. News

Quote Originally Posted by cbitssexp View Post
    awesome
    great work. thanks for sharing
    Nobody fucking cares and goodbye.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

5. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Yeah, that's ridiculous. You're not operating heavy equipment.
    I mean, it’s logical for them to have a procedure in place (within reason) because I am dealing with knives, very hot things, and zipping around in confined spaces filled with other people but even going to work baked (which I don’t) is probably not making a person dangerous. There’s also the fact that a typical piss test for marijuana doesn’t really tell you much other than if a person has used it anywhere from a week to two months prior. I’m sure it’s not going to happen any time soon but terminating employees for a failed test involving marijuana outside of any reasonable context should not be legal or at least have some legal guidelines. A large portion of the general population is at least an occasional casual user (especially in a blue collar/service industry line of work). In this case, it’s a clear example of people with lots of money figuring out ways to get out of their legal obligations to their employees (who are people that do not have lots of money) and could easily be life ruining if someone was severely injured at work and was unable to continue working for a long period of time or even permanently.

Thinking about global warming.

I still dont get why the wealthy and powerful dont care about it. It can invalidate everything they are doing. Disrupt their business and kill their children and their children's children.

Why would you not deal with it?

7. The kids gotta fend for themselves, we can't fix everything.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

8. Rich people will just move to greener pastures and continue getting richer.

That's not really how it works.

Climate change will eventually impact and destroy industry, supply chain, and buyers.

There is evidence that the real reason the US got into ww2 was that Germany was negatively impacting global supply chains. We got our shit together then, why not now? Are we going to wait for this shit to take out major ports on the west coast?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Thinking about global warming.

I still dont get why the wealthy and powerful dont care about it. It can invalidate everything they are doing. Disrupt their business and kill their children and their children's children.

Why would you not deal with it?
    Because the people it hits hardest: brown people, poor people, and brown and poor people in non western countries have never been anything the ruling class cares about. Climate change isn’t just this light switch that will all of a sudden leave earth unlivable - there’s a lot of scare click bait articles that makes it sound like all of western civilization will be wiped out like that movie 2012. That’s not how it will go. It’s subtle and slow. The effects have already displaced tons of people, but it’s not like Thanos snaps his fingers and they’re gone. They migrate, they adapt, and many end up living in refugee camps - and the rich don’t care. Those in rich countries in the global north may never experience anything more than a slight change in temperature when they walk from their cars to office. It doesn’t effect them because they can afford to blot out the minimal effects that *they* will see.

For instance, in Bangladesh, hundreds of thousands of people are uprooted from their living situations due to flooding conditions becoming more violent. These people have already had their lives altered irreparably. But Joe Billionaire living in Silicon Valley? Yeah, okay, it gets a little warmer here in the summer. But overall life and livelihood isn’t threatened. So, people ignore it. It won’t disrupt their business because the global south doesn’t have the money to support their business anyway. It won’t disrupt their lives because even if say, a fire did devour their home, insurance would cover it and they would just reroute to one of their other homes. The rich don’t see it as a threat, because to them it’s not a real one.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread