Page 3602 of 3613 FirstFirst ... 35883598360036013602360336043606 ... LastLast
Results 36,011 to 36,020 of 36124

Thread: What's Bugging You Today? Volume 3, Part 1

1. Because poor people really like being poor and could be rich anytime they choose?
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

2. if they weren't so lazy.
    You know damn well Houston had tons of great job opportunities just waiting for all those displaced "people."
    And who wouldn't want to hire someone that probably wasn't going to be sticking around long because they'd want to go back to the homes they knew?

3. They were given an opportunity by being moved to an area with a much better economy and most just squated in motels, collected their checks and bitched when the free ride was coming to an end. Kudos to those that used the opportunity to get out of poverty.
    Last edited by gamevet; 08 Jun 2019 at 05:28 PM.

4. Wow, you really are serious about winning that biggest piece of shit on TNL award aren’t you?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. Losing your home, all your stuff, and getting kept out of the safer, richer, whiter neighborhoods in your own state at gunpoint.

Sweet ride!

6. They musta left their bootstraps in Louisiana.

Edit: because one totally gets hired without maybe extra clothes or a phone, with a Budget Inn as an address, and if you're close enough to a Waffle House or McDonalds to walk there, where every other person at the same motel has applied.
    Last edited by Vasteel; 08 Jun 2019 at 06:10 PM.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

7. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    You have? Why didn't you holla at yah boy?
    you're one of those subhuman poors

true

well, the subhuman part.

9. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Losing your home, all your stuff, and getting kept out of the safer, richer, whiter neighborhoods in your own state at gunpoint.

Sweet ride!
    I was joking about Katrina being the great cleansing.

Yeah, what happened to those people was the worst. There was a lot of historic buildings damaged, along with the lives of these people. Still, for those that had very little to begin with, they were living in motels and collecting their checks; the ones complaining about getting kicked out and shipped back to their home, probably didn't try to work and save up to get back on their feet.

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Wow, you really are serious about winning that biggest piece of shit on TNL award aren’t you?
    Right, because of government support creating poverty I'm an a-hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasteel View Post
    They musta left their bootstraps in Louisiana.

Edit: because one totally gets hired without maybe extra clothes or a phone, with a Budget Inn as an address, and if you're close enough to a Waffle House or McDonalds to walk there, where every other person at the same motel has applied.
    The post office has this neat little thing called a post office box. Cities also have a bus system that usually runs until about 9 PM.

I had to use the Phoenix bus system when I was attending school there. My car had broken down, I attended 4 to 5 hours of class a weekday and worked a 40 hour week. There's no excuse for not being able to get a job and find transportation to get there.
    Last edited by gamevet; 08 Jun 2019 at 11:03 PM.

10. Everyone just calm the fuck down already & drop it. Nobody's going to see eye to eye if tempers are flaring up like this.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL