Page 3094 of 3613 FirstFirst ... 308030903092309330943095309630983108 ... LastLast
Results 30,931 to 30,940 of 36124

Thread: What's Bugging You Today? Volume 3, Part 1

1. Seriously, what a bogus question

2. I did. I guess it's kinda like that.

3. Spilled water on my laptop last night. The keyboard light is now dead, and the trackpad is going. Not sure what else may or may not fail. Oh goodie.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

4. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    Spilled water on my laptop last night. The keyboard light is now dead, and the trackpad is going. Not sure what else may or may not fail. Oh goodie.
    Should've disassembled it right away (or found someone else to do so) and dried it out. Still a good idea to do so to make sure corrosion doesn't take hold, unless you're just looking for an excuse to buy a new one. Might even fix your current issues.

5. Minute Rice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. I did it in the middle of a podcast, which I could have stopped, but I didn't. It's long out of AppleCare range, but I'm going to take it to the Apple Store and see what they say the damage I did is.

I shouldn't get a new laptop, but I've kind of been wanting one anyone, as this is pretty old by this point. (It's been having other hardware issues as well.) I was just hoping that I could wait until early next year for the Broadwell (?) chips, though to be honest I have no idea how big of a deal that would actually be.

7. Got the info on next years health insurance premiums. Fantastic.

8. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    I did it in the middle of a podcast, which I could have stopped, but I didn't. It's long out of AppleCare range, but I'm going to take it to the Apple Store and see what they say the damage I did is.
    They will tell you their water detection strip has changed color and that they can do nothing besides sell you a new one for full price. I've been told this even with devices that did not have water damage. Good luck!

Once you've got water in there, drying it out is the only thing worth a damn. They'll likely tell you that even if they swap the motherboard (which will be close to the cost of a new laptop) that it still may not work and still won't be covered because of the potential that anything else in there got wet. It's an all-or-nothing deal.

9. What's Bugging You Today? Volume 3, Part 1

Hmm. I though maybe they could just replace the trackpad (if that would be all it's take), but maybe not. I scheduled the appointment for tomorrow, so the worst thing is I walk the two minutes to the Apple Store across the street and they tell me the same thing.

I have an 11" MacBook Air that could potentially work as my main computer until next year, but it's my company machine and I always feel a bit hesitant to put too much personal stuff onto it.

A decent computer technician could swap a couple parts and make it run like new, sure, but that's not how Apple works.