Page 3535 of 3613 FirstFirst ... 352135313533353435353536353735393549 ... LastLast
Results 35,341 to 35,350 of 36124

Thread: What's Bugging You Today? Volume 3, Part 1

1. The piracy policy is baffling. They give pirates their own little economies while at the same time deleting my auctions for legitimate import games because, I think, I mentioned the necessity of having a region-modded or Japanese console. That don't make no sense.

2. ha, when looking for the ebay rant thread I found the one where you (rightfully) bitched about your listing being taken down because you stated a boot disc would be needed to play it on an American system.

3. Isn't it better to have a bootleg category than to have bootlegs selling as the real thing?

Yeah, using the word "mod" for any reason seems to get a listing taken down. Assholes.

I must say I'm tempted to throw some English SNES versions of Japanese rpgs up there for some quick cash.

5. It'd be better if one of the world's largest marketplaces didn't promote the creation and distribution of bootlegs at all.

6. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Honestly emulation is probably the best way to play this game now. DD should never have been on that shitty slow hardware, it usually runs better in emulation.
    I know. The PC Engine CD version of DD2 is very good. I tried the arcade version- not too bad graphics, voices when characters get KOed, but epic slowdown. When you're at mission 2's boss... DAFUQ? Really bad. It feels like the fight takes place underwater. So glad for MAME's overclock cheat.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me
    The piracy policy is baffling. They give pirates their own little economies while at the same time deleting my auctions for legitimate import games because, I think, I mentioned the necessity of having a region-modded or Japanese console. That don't make no sense.
    Yeah, I like that standard. Let's make it a double.
    If they are going to allow bootlegs/repros, they need to lay off of those who use the M word when talking about a genuine import copy.
    May be better to just say "For Japanese systems. Still have a question? Please ask".

Serious collectors would not settle for a bootleg. They'll see it as junk because it isn't the original.

7. I don't think reproductions cause harm to the industry (as long they're not trying to pass them off as the real thing) but it's very weird ebay is so openly okay with them.

its because most of the ones that hurt collectors are coming out of china. And they love the fees they get off of Chinese sellers listing tons of knock off shit.

9. That sounds about right.
    It's the same as credit card companies taking a half-assed approach to fraud. Why crack down hard when some of those bogus charges don't get noticed?

Capitalism!