Page 3506 of 3613 FirstFirst ... 349235023504350535063507350835103520 ... LastLast
Results 35,051 to 35,060 of 36124

Thread: What's Bugging You Today? Volume 3, Part 1

The public doesn't want justice or court. They like this fast 2017 mob justice.

Besides, eventfully we would run out of people breaking the law, and eventually move on to creeps that didn't do anything technically wrong. "people" want to make those guys pay too.

Dude sends a dick pick to his date, and she pretended to like it, only to admit she didn't after they finally stopped seeing each other? fire him too. ruin his career. fuck that guy.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Thats the problem. People who are embedded in institutions get off scot free, or with very little hassle. I mean, let's be real - how many laws have Kevin Spacey passed? How many missiles did Charlie Rose send overseas? How many bills has Louis CK vetoed? We're attacking and canning mostly inconsequential entertainment figures. Even when the majority of politician scandals have receipts, we just sorta shrug and let it go anyway. It's a faulty outrage.
    This is what I've been saying. A few entertainers have gone down. Nobody with any real juice has. Has Weinstein actually faced any real punitive repercussions? It's not a victory to take down a comedian for something a senator can get away with.

3. What if the comedian is a senator, though? Franken is getting the boot despite being in a position of political power.

4. Well, I’d say his position as a senator trumps his role as a comedian hahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

5. Some of these "assaults" he's accused of are pretty ridiculous.
    "He pinched my side during a photoshoot" doesn't sound like any sex act I'm familiar with.

6. He's going to get scapegoated because as you mentioned, he's both a comedian and a politician, so it's easy to make an example of him. "WE'RE GETTING RID OF THE BAD ONES, GUYS!" And to be honest, I wish he'd take a stand and not step down - I get why it's pertinent in his case - but it's dumb. The democrats have been the only ones to exile their own, the republicans happily stand by their abusers. This is the problem, democrats wanna do the right thing so bad that they miss the forest for the trees. Republicans aren't gonna be like "oh golly gee, those democrats are so progressive, we'll use them as an example and get rid of our abusers too!" They are going to laugh and continue supporting the worst of the worst. And thus the Democratic Party weakens, and the Republican Party gets more corrupt and more powerful.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

He’s stepping down.

8. He's stepping down and the ass backwards Republicans are going to vote in a pedophile because muh guns muh religion

Yep. I think, maybe, losing a progressive member of Congress over this is a mistake.

10. I think his seat will probably stay Democrat for a while, thank god, but there's a stark difference between the sides of the aisle right now.