Page 3594 of 3613 FirstFirst ... 358035903592359335943595359635983608 ... LastLast
Results 35,931 to 35,940 of 36124

Thread: What's Bugging You Today? Volume 3, Part 1

1. Yeah in my experience AT&T is the absolute worst (Comcast isn't in my area) and I was incredibly happy to move last year and actually have other options.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

It could be lightening damage but I'm not running new cable and I'm not going to unload and then move all the book shelves so somebody else can either.

3. Wouldn't the fact that the culprit was lightening force the phone company to come take care of it?

When I had AT&T come out to look at our lines once they basically said if the problem was in the lines outside of the house it was their problem, if it was the lines inside then it was my problem, although they'd fix it for some nominal fee. Theoretically if I had lightning damage to my lines I'd have to pay for the repair and then be reimbursed by my homeowner's insurance.

What he said. They'll fix anything outside for free. Inside is 99$ plus parts

Powers out. 2% of cell battery. No car. Raining.

Guess I'm not dead. I've got that going for me.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Powers out. 2% of cell battery. No car. Raining.

Guess I'm not dead. I've got that going for me.
    Our neighborhood has only one entrance point, that splits off going opposite directions and forms a giant rectangle and it’s the only way to get out of here. There’s a gas station right at where this is and while Melanie was pregnant with Layne, we were out back and heard a loud noise followed by a strong pulse that we both felt. One of the owners up there caused an explosion in the gas vault and blew up a giant chunk of the gas station. Over the next two days, we were pretty much stuck in our neighborhood and without power for one of them. There was also about 50-70 emergency vehicles at one point and all of the cities news choppers hovering pretty much directly over our house.

8. We had a thunderstorm roll through about 7 years ago and our Verizon Router got fried. It took out a PC motherboard and the Ethernet ports on 2 Xbox 360s. I argued with the morons at Verizon that their router caused damage to everything that was connected to it and that all of my expensive electronics was connected to a UPS. They knew something was up with that old router, because several months earlier they had shipped a new power supply with a letter asking that I swap it out with the existing unit. They didn’t give me any kind of refund or open a ticket.

9. I've taken to unplugging all my shit whenever the lights start to flicker, just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    We had a thunderstorm roll through about 7 years ago and our Verizon Router got fried. It took out a PC motherboard and the Ethernet ports on 2 Xbox 360s. I argued with the morons at Verizon that their router caused damage to everything that was connected to it and that all of my expensive electronics was connected to a UPS. They knew something was up with that old router, because several months earlier they had shipped a new power supply with a letter asking that I swap it out with the existing unit. They didn’t give me any kind of refund or open a ticket.
    Yeah that's wasn't Verizon's fault. Your phonecall should have been to homeowners/renters insurance.