Page 3043 of 3613 FirstFirst ... 302930393041304230433044304530473057 ... LastLast
Results 30,421 to 30,430 of 36124

Thread: What's Bugging You Today? Volume 3, Part 1

Feminism has gotten so far from feminism these days it's not even funny. I can't identify with it anymore.

2. It's actually fairly sickening - I certainly hope that a lot of these girls don't practice what they so adamently preach on tumblr, twitter, and Facebook. It's dangerous, naive, uninformed thoughts brought on by a weird community/crowd mentality. There shouldn't be anything for a rational human to identify with about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

We should teach people not to kill or steal while we're at it. I can't believe nobody ever thought of this before.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

4. What strikes me as reasonable: suggesting that people not veer discussions about how, say, the Steubenville rapists felt okay with doing what they did (and the reactions to it and so on) into discussions about what precautions women should take to avoid rape.

What doesn't: getting mad that people made more tools for women that want to take precautions.

I mean, yeah, this could be used as more fuel for victim-blaming, I get that, but it takes a raw-ass mix of cynicism and ignorance to suggest that this option shouldn't exist and is ultimately a bad thing due to that.
    Last edited by Tain; 31 Aug 2014 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    We should teach people not to kill or steal while we're at it. I can't believe nobody ever thought of this before.
    It's all pretty insulting to humans. Did these girls get taught not to rape? Would they have raped otherwise?

How skewed does your view on gender have to be where you think men do not have a similar internal moral compass as women?

6. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Can someone please explain how a nail polish that lets women know if some asshole has dosed their drink or not is a bad thing? How is giving a woman a tool to protect herself promoting rape culture?

Does pepper spray promote mugging culture? Do car alarms promote chop-shop culture? Do door locks promote robber culture? Do car horns promote asshole driving culture?

This shit is blowing my mind.
    Yea it doesn't make any sense to me.

7. Extreme feminism: the reason a Powerpuff Girls writer received death threats for saying men and women should treat each other nicely.

I'm wondering if actual feminists will try to call themselves something different soon to distance themselves from the growing number of loud idiots using that label to spout uninformed garbage.

8. I wonder the same thing of Republicans and Democrats.

9. They already kind of are, right? People who would have identified with republicanism in 1805 and are embarrassed by Republicanism in 2014 call themselves Libertarians.

10. The day a joke can't just be a joke on the TNL is the day I leave.
    Is today that day? Maybe.