Page 3542 of 3613 FirstFirst ... 352835383540354135423543354435463556 ... LastLast
Results 35,411 to 35,420 of 36124

Thread: What's Bugging You Today? Volume 3, Part 1

1. It figures that the one part of the stick that Madcatz made themselves would be faulty.
    You can get cheap PCBs for PC, or spend big bucks on a Brooks PCB if you are a console peasant

2. Sounds like it's a common problem. Some of the diodes are shorting the grounds. Evidently you can just desolder the diode that corresponds to the offending button, but I can't figure out how to trace it. Guess I'll just desolder them all.

I know there was a thread for this I can no longer find, but if anyone has entry-level soldering iron recommendations (and vacuums for that matter), lay 'em on me! Haven't used one since I lived with my parents but I'm sure it'll come back to me.

You wouldn't like the price of the stuff I'd recommend.

Same.

It's like buying art markers. A great artist can draw with anything but ultimately you get what you pay for.

5. Me: What's a good value for a basic car to get me to work and back?

TNL: Let's talk Bugatti.

Never change, fuckers.

6. I got the cheapest soldering iron I could from Harbor Freight Tools, the Michael's for men. It sucks! The tip doesn't heat up at the very tip! But I was able to solder a couple wires successfully.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

7. desoldering station: $120 shipped. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Digital...kAAOSwlpZafqUH

Use promo code PSPRING20 to get an extra 20% off.
    (That code is good for anything on ebay, but is one time use).

soldering station: $35 shipped. https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-110V-22...8AAOSw8lpZK8-v

8. Just buy another MadCatz controller.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

I use a Hakko 888 soldering iron, which is about $100 or so. Anything else I've used that's significantly cheaper has been garbage. Yet every time I recommend it the person asking for the recommendation has a heart attack and buys some Radio Shack shit, then gives up whatever they were trying to do because they think they don't have the skills but it was really the tool that was garbage.

Buy my joystick, shitlord.