Page 3603 of 3613 FirstFirst ... 35893599360136023603360436053607 ... LastLast
Results 36,021 to 36,030 of 36124

Thread: What's Bugging You Today? Volume 3, Part 1

1. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Everyone just calm the fuck down already & drop it. Nobody's going to see eye to eye if tempers are flaring up like this.
    There's no seeing eye to eye with an asshole that thinks poor people who had their homes destroyed and were uprooted are at fault for still being poor.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    There's no seeing eye to eye with an asshole that thinks poor people who had their homes destroyed and were uprooted are at fault for still being poor.
    Or calling an event that caused thousands of people to drown a "cleansing", its fucking disgusting.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

3. I don't care if you don't want to see eye to eye. I'm asking you guys to please stop. Also he said..

I was joking about Katrina being the great cleansing.
    If that's the case then just let it go.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

4. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    No, I'm blaming the government of the state for its poor management. It's ranked at the very bottom for education, economy and opportunity, even though the state has great natural resources, and shipping ports. The events of Katrina could have been avoided, if the local government did their part to evacuate its residence. The city of Houston was overwhelmed by those refugees and a good portion of them didn't take advantage of the financial opportunities provided to them.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/louisiana

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.dab143957396

Most of the evacuees from Katrina in 2005 were African American. Many were poor. Families resettled in Houston because they felt their adopted city offered higher-paying jobs, better schools, a safer environment to raise children and more affordable housing, which had become scarce in New Orleans because public housing developments destroyed by Katrina were never replenished, said Mtangulizi Sanyika, chairman of the New Orleans Association of Houston.

Sanyika, a retired public policy and African studies professor from New Orleans, migrated to Houston after Katrina because his wife, a pastor, found a better job as a spiritual care educator training hospital chaplains. They live in a new subdivision in Houston that has not been flooded, but he said, “We are under domestic house arrest” because the major roads around his neighborhood are underwater.
    Last edited by gamevet; 09 Jun 2019 at 02:28 AM.

5. So they stayed for the job opportunities, but they aren't actually taking advantage of them?

6. No, some people did take advantage of it, but it was reported that only about 40% got jobs while the other 60% didn't.

Anyways, I'm sorry guys. I said a lot of things I shouldn't have said. This last month and a half has been beyond stressful. We had plumbing repairs in excess of $5,000 early last month, my wife just started a new job and I was going to have to drive all the way down to McAllen Texas to handle a Wi-Fi job that a company from San Antonio bailed on. I got pretty shit faced Friday and Saturday night (I drank ten 16 Ounce beers), and I think all of my stress just came tumbling out in such a negative way. I've spent the last 4 days staying away from beer and the internet, and just chilled playing God of War to take my mind away from it all.

I was being a total Asshole and I'm sorry.

Thats another thing that sucks about social media. You can't really see the real life behind posts.

(It was still an ass thing to say.)

8. It was. Sorry dude.

I do like Bossier City and Bourbon Street is a cool place to visit. There was also a nice little stretch over by Tulane, that we stopped by to have a few beers at.

9. Politics and pseudoscience have confused the global warming issue for a lot of people. I have no idea how it became as such because dealing with it seems like the best solution for everyone (the rich included), but it has. IP was on to something, it really is absurd how divisive the issue has become. The science behind it is fairly simple (I learned this in some of my earlier chemistry classes in college for example) and we have an entire planet (Venus) to study how the process works and what it is capable of when reaching extreme levels. People are so willing to turn against scientific research despite the fruits of it being all around us at all times. When we’re landing probes on comets and taking pictures or creating antimatter in a particle accelerator, I think that does a pretty good job of demonstrating our level of knowledge and ability to monitor our environment and come to conclusions. While we may not know as much about climate science as we do with computer technology or nuclear fusion, we do know quite a bit and scientists around the world are pulling the fire alarm.

There has been some promising developments recently, so I’m cautiously optimistic. New technologies for removing carbon from the atmosphere show a lot of potential and its seeming ever more probable that we will soon be running nuclear fusion reactors in the near future which will give us enormous amounts of energy to use from a plentiful resource (salt water) and that generates almost zero environmental pollution or waste. A single nuclear fusion reactor could possibly supply all of the current energy needs of any country on earth and could quickly cause the decommissioning of coal and natural gas plants in their entirety. It’s probably the most promising thing on the horizon and is going to massively change the world and how society functions. I know the “fusion is twenty years away” saying that has been thrown around for decades but the recent advances have been significant and the amount of players has increased dramatically with some believing they could have commercial fusion reactors supplying the energy grid by 2025.

10. It's the end of June- it's 80 degrees out- I have a cold.