Page 3496 of 3613 FirstFirst ... 348234923494349534963497349835003510 ... LastLast
Results 34,951 to 34,960 of 36124

Thread: What's Bugging You Today? Volume 3, Part 1

1. Admit it those are in your desk right now.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Dang Drew, I never thought I'd hear you say that. Good on you for being reasonable - we agree more and more these days!
    I’m comfortable having unpopular opinions. People against healthcare reform haven’t thought their stance through. There are a ton of benefits everyone gets from it as an investment — it’s not just altruism.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I've got a science friend who is melting down old VHS tapes for ferrofluid, I've had to save some rares from him.
    That is at least something.

Not some retarded craft shit no one actually enjoys looking at or using.

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    We need to preserve this stuff for future generations. I can't imagine the horror of living in a world where Hoobastank and Problem Child 2 are forever lost.
    I'm more upset that someone paid for a tv show to tell other people on how to make cd dumb bells. A show about wiping your butt may be a better use of time or money.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I’m comfortable having unpopular opinions. People against healthcare reform haven’t thought their stance through. There are a ton of benefits everyone gets from it as an investment — it’s not just altruism.
    I'm of the opinion that labor is a resource that can be used to make money. It is idiotic that we do not do more to take care of it.

6. The economic arguments for not having universal healthcare are particularly weak as far as the realm of socialized assistance goes. There are back and forths for many other topics, but the privatized healthcare one is very very flimsy.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    The economic arguments for not having universal healthcare are particularly weak as far as the realm of socialized assistance goes. There are back and forths for many other topics, but the privatized healthcare one is very very flimsy.
    Its a remnant of racism and slavery. Maybe a little bit of Quakerism or Puritanism.

The act of labor was considered holy, or at least, better in the eyes of god than the alternatives. If you weren't working you were probably doing something sinful.

That assumption was also one reason slavery was considered good. Those white people were bestowing wonderful godly labor on those free spirited nonwhites.

At some point slavery was ended and out of racism and spite, vagrancy and loitery laws were created as part of the "black codes" to force freed slaves back into work. It was not uncommon for big business and local law enforcement to work together to round up "vagrants' anytime there was a big work project.

What does this have to with healthcare? For as long as whites have been in the Americas, the dominant leadership has asserted that not being industrious is a sin or horrible, or subhuman. This is pivotal, because one side of the debate pretty much believes that only those that work deserve healthcare.

8. The problem in Canada is that private healthcare isn't even an option, so those who can afford it can't even unburden the healthcare system by paying their own way. Instead everyone is forced into a system of healthcare rationing out of a spiteful sense of 'fairness'.

I would gladly pay to have proper medical treatment instead of going to a walk in clinic and waiting two hours for a rushed five minute appointment that accomplishes nothing. I've been trying to get a family doctor since 2002.

9. What? It’s not hard to get a family doctor. I have switched 3 times this year.

Whats the population and average home cost of where you live?