Page 3053 of 3613 FirstFirst ... 303930493051305230533054305530573067 ... LastLast
Results 30,521 to 30,530 of 36124

Thread: What's Bugging You Today? Volume 3, Part 1

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    So we should preserve every fucking military base we ever had? In the 1800s we had thousands of forts, because of the Indian wars and slow transport. Should the government be funding a museum at every one of those sites? Who would be going to those museums?

We do keep some as historical monuments. I live next to a bunch because of the Revolutionary War. There are many old shipyards operating as museums. There is a limit though. There are many others that are built for a purpose and then that purpose is done. Better to turn it over to people who can enjoy it and live there.
    I don't know if that port is just any old base. But good job with your site of hand to make your point.

Why does this have to be extremes? Why is it preserve the whole thing or knock most of it down to build shitty cheap housing?

Why not like, use it as a port? Or use the buildings for an industrial complex?

Why spend all that tax money on clean up only to hand it over to renters and let them get rich off of it when it could be use for some kind of industry that puts money and jobs into the local economy? And you know, pays taxes to slowly recoup the cost of cleaning it?

2. That article mentions that several of the more historic buildings on the site will be preserved. Plus, in addition to housing and shopping (which generate tax and help the economy), there will be office and manufacturing buildings (and thus, jobs), and open spaces which I presume will be used for parks or whatnot. Meanwhile, contaminants are being cleaned up that have done/are doing who knows what to the environment for decades. Not seeing the problem.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 17 Sep 2014 at 12:54 PM.

Nothing will beat the incredible levels of respect lost for Egoraptor from the Sequelitis days to seeing how he actually plays games in Game Grumps.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

4. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    Nothing will beat the incredible levels of respect lost for Egoraptor from the Sequelitis days to seeing how he actually plays games in Game Grumps.
    I don't follow him or Game Grumps, is he terrible at games?
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. He seemed so smart and funny and charming. I get playthroughs, but I'll never understand Let's Plays.

Let's Plays are the video game equivalent of a bad DJ/MC talking all over the track.
    Last edited by Brisco Bold; 17 Sep 2014 at 10:29 AM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Why does this have to be extremes? Why is it preserve the whole thing or knock most of it down to build shitty cheap housing?

Why not like, use it as a port? Or use the buildings for an industrial complex?
    Because we don't need a port there. There are tons of ports. As for an industrial complex, why? Why do we need some factories in San Francisco? To re pollute the area? Put that shit in Hayward or Livermore where it is cheaper and the people who would work there live.

I'll tell you what San Francisco does need, houses for people to live in. The city has a major shortage of housing supply.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Why spend all that tax money on clean up only to hand it over to renters and let them get rich off of it when it could be use for some kind of industry that puts money and jobs into the local economy? And you know, pays taxes to slowly recoup the cost of cleaning it?
    You seriously don't think that people who live in houses contribute to the local economy? Or pay taxes?

That was a Superfund site, and the Superfund law says "you break it you bought it." The Navy polluted the shit out of the site so the Navy pays to clean it up. There's nothing to recoup. Selling it to developers so people can move to a city they want to move to is the best use of the space.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Because we don't need a port there. There are tons of ports. As for an industrial complex, why? Why do we need some factories in San Francisco? To re pollute the area? Put that shit in Hayward or Livermore where it is cheaper and the people who would work there live.
    Industry doesn't have to be big nasty Victorian factories. It.could be anything from start ups renting office space, new companies using warehouses for distribution, to new greener manufacturering.

You seriously don't think that people who live in houses contribute to the local economy? Or pay taxes?
    They can do that from anywhere they live in that area. That isn't so true for business. They might go to another town, county or state.

That was a Superfund site, and the Superfund law says "you break it you bought it." The Navy polluted the shit out of the site so the Navy pays to clean it up. There's nothing to recoup. Selling it to developers so people can move to a city they want to move to is the best use of the space.
    You're not this dull. Where does the Navy ' budget come from?

8. What's Bugging You Today? Volume 3, Part 1

San Francisco has plenty of office space. It needs housing more than anything else.

And yes taxpayers pay or the Navy, but again, that money is spent. They can privatize the land and recoup the money that way. I would rather a private company manage a housing complex or office space than the Navy. I'm pretty sure the Navy agrees.

9. On the lighter side of things, I got my haircut yesterday. The nice young stylist asked if I would like her to trim my eyebrows. Fuck getting old.

10. San Francisco really, in a desperate sort of way, needs more affordable housing.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.