Page 3551 of 3613 FirstFirst ... 353735473549355035513552355335553565 ... LastLast
Results 35,501 to 35,510 of 36124

Thread: What's Bugging You Today? Volume 3, Part 1

1. They might feel that way because the SCOTUS has already ruled in favor of the pro-choice camp, and yet they still have to fight for it because of bible belt troglodytes.

Queens of the Stone are playing 1.5 hours away tomorrow (Shreveport, LA). There are still tickets. I can't decide if I want to go. I'd have to go alone. I'll have to tone down my behavior because I have to work Friday. And drive back right after the show.

:/

So I went anyway. Nice venue. Right amount of shifty and the halls smell of fried food.

4. I have a couple of hours to kill so I thought I’d do something I’ve not done since the flea market closed- go to a Barnes and Noble, purchase a mag to read, and plop down in one of their overstuffed chairs and read it. I went to the largest one in Rochester(two floors and HUGE).

The magazine section, which used to cover the entire length of one wall, is now an 8’ section. Nothing game related in sight. I realize there’s like no US print mags anymore, but they used to have several UK mags, including RETROGAMER. BUT NO MORE.
    Just about everything is cut down. The cafe, which used to have an incredibly small footprint is now half the store. The upstairs is completely cafe type area.
    Sad! I already went to all the stores I wanted to. wtf am I to do now?

5. Buy a coffee for the cost of a book instead?

6. I went to a discount store called Ollies. As I walked in, there was a rack of those prepackaged, random, old comic books. $6 for 10 comics. Leafing through (you can only see what the first and last comics are), they were mostly DC, old Image, and old Valiant. One pack had Deathblow #1, another had Magnus 0, one even had Tribes #1. There were a few with a X-Men Classic issues as well. So I decided to grab a couple for the fuck of it. Then I saw a HUGE display of graphic novels. I threw that other crap back and got two O’Neil/Cowan Question collections for $3.99 a piece, a Geoff Johns/Gary Frank Shazam hardcover for the same, a Green Lantern Showcase (phonebook sized black and white collection of silver age comics) for $2.99, and a hardcover collection of the first 11 issues of the Fraction/Aja Hawkguy run for $10. Thing is still sealed and in great shape. Originally $35.
    Reading the Question stuff now while I wait for Vasteel to show up for our play date. Great stuff!

sometimes there is gold in those comic packs. I've gotten more than a couple mint 1980s transformers comics out of them.

I think back in the 80s stores would mail unsold stuff back for a rebate. I think thats where those packs come from. Whatever warehouse has all that shit.

8. Internet died yesterday morning everywhere in my town and its supposedly fixed everywhere but my place. A new modem is being shipped out but i smell bullshit.

I hate realising that i am so addicted to the net that i went to a coffee shop to get free wifi to check emails and see what you people are saying.

9. A lot of thanks for sharing this stuff with us. I am happy to be the part of this.
    Fore More Information...

Good thing you did, Error. You almost missed this bullshit.