Page 3505 of 3613 FirstFirst ... 349135013503350435053506350735093519 ... LastLast
Results 35,041 to 35,050 of 36124

Thread: What's Bugging You Today? Volume 3, Part 1

1. lol.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    He is human garbage.

Eventually real handicapped will have to provide doctor's notes and shit, cresting more hardship for them.

I think the worst last night was the dude build like a linebacker getting his scooter on and off the bus. He got up out of it and helped the bus driver position it on the bus. Like, dude!

I saw kids in the magic kingdom too. A gang of perfectly able 14 year olds. And everyone had to get out of the way for them to back up.
    Disney doesn't care, one day, everyone will be required to have a scooter and that would be an extra $150/day.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Girls like her are the reason there is going to be a huge backlash over this current trend of guys getting caught.

What a shame. A traitor to your gender, and your cause, young lady. Probably too self centered to see it that way too.
    As i've stated many times: the coming backlash is going to set women's issues back decades. It's not even entirely that men or women are liars, it's that the power structures favor men NO MATTER WHAT women say. By calling individuals out instead of institutions, we are actively ignoring the system that keeps corrupt men in power. We'll have a collective redemption moment in a few years (or months or whatever) where we will let Kevin Spacey, Louis CK, et al. back into the entertainment fray, because America LOVES redemption stories. And none of this will have meant a damn thing. The first man to publish a "what I did wrong" manifesto will be a hero, and the equilibrium of oppression will be restored.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

4. A lot of people are getting shit canned, though. Feels good.

Not politicians, though. Despite victims making good on the Drewbaccian burden of proof.

I doubt they will require everyone. But I could see the charge an additional price with a waver form from a doctor.

6. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    A lot of people are getting shit canned, though. Feels good.

Not politicians, though. Despite victims making good on the Drewbaccian burden of proof.
    Thats the problem. People who are embedded in institutions get off scot free, or with very little hassle. I mean, let's be real - how many laws have Kevin Spacey passed? How many missiles did Charlie Rose send overseas? How many bills has Louis CK vetoed? We're attacking and canning mostly inconsequential entertainment figures. Even when the majority of politician scandals have receipts, we just sorta shrug and let it go anyway. It's a faulty outrage.

Despite all my rage....

8. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    It's not even entirely that men or women are liars, it's that the power structures favor men NO MATTER WHAT women say. By calling individuals out instead of institutions, we are actively ignoring the system that keeps corrupt men in power.
    Except what is “the system”? I’ve heard and read “the system” interpretted in the legal spectrum be defined as due process. The entire foundation of western law.

The case I read about related to this was a sexual assault trial up here involving Jian Ghomeshi (a local radio host) and almost all of the claimants were found to have admittedly lied or misled the court with their testimony. There were a dozen or so too I believe. There were a lot of calls that the court shouldn’t have even questioned the women. It was too hard. But unfortunately you have to hear both sides. That’s how you get closer the truth.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 06 Dec 2017 at 10:26 PM.

9. I think it's great that creeps can no longer be creeps, but I don't like the public stoning going on.

Personally I think we should keep trying people in courtrooms for their crimes.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Except what is “the system”? I’ve heard and read “the system” interpretted in the legal spectrum be defined as due process. The entire foundation of western law.

The case I read about related to this was a sexual assault trial up here involving Jian Ghomeshi (a local radio host) and almost all of the claimants were found to have admittedly lied or misled the court with their testimony. There were a dozen or so too I believe. There were a lot of calls that the court shouldn’t have even questioned the women. It was too hard. But unfortunately you have to hear both sides. That’s how you get closer the truth.
    Literally the entire social system, and how it functions together with politics, power, economy, resources, etc etc etc. To ignore the fact that injustices regularly occur within our social system, even (and especially) in the case of laws and law enforcement is being ignorant on purpose at this point. Don't get me wrong, I value the law and our due process laws, but it does not have a fantastic track record when it comes to sexual assault and rape cases, or cases having to do with women, minorities, poor people, etc etc etc etc. Obviously this doesn't mean it should be abolished, but we need to be aware that there are injustices that occur and times where it does not truly serve as a means of punishment.

The anecdotal evidence that some women lied when it comes to sexual assault and rape is greatly overshadowed by the fact that we have thousands of rape kits that go untested, loads of complaints and police reports about rape and sexual assault that go ignored, tons women who *do not* report incidents in the first place due to fear, and the amount of abusers who walk free or see little to no jail time if convicted....there's really no contest when you put one anecdotal scenario against all the others. Yes, some women lie. But we have a huge problem in the criminal justice system that virtually ignores sexual abuse victims. We have the data that shows the issues. Lots, and lots, and lots of data. And despite our knowledge of it, we as a society are choosing to go after individuals in media and entertainment because going after the real people in power roles is next to impossible. This is the problem. It's not that women lie, it's that men who are truly in power are untouchable.