Page 3507 of 3613 FirstFirst ... 349335033505350635073508350935113521 ... LastLast
Results 35,061 to 35,070 of 36124

Thread: What's Bugging You Today? Volume 3, Part 1

1. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Yep. I think, maybe, losing a progressive member of Congress over this is a mistake.
    This, exactly. We exile our own, (he was forced out more or less) and the republicans get stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

2. Or MN will just elect another Democrat in 2018 and the Democratic governor will appoint a Democrat to fill Franken's seat until then.

He was a great legislator but I don't understand all the "lost seat" talk. Chill. It's fine. And if the party can't sustain itself without creeps, then it's not worth keeping around anyway. If excising abusers is "weakening" the party then fuck that party.

3. Yeah

The parallel here is unfortunately "Olympic sports" (which is interesting because I think sports has had some effect on the way people look at politics). It seems like everyone is "cheating". "WE NEED TO BE CLEAN!", but then it turns out the new winner doped just the same.

Still, good on the Dems for taking a stand, and good on Franken for relenting

sportsthink is cancer for politics. It is fundamentally apposed to the desired outcome as we are ultimately all on the same team.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 08 Dec 2017 at 10:35 PM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    He was a great legislator but I don't understand all the "lost seat" talk. Chill. It's fine. And if the party can't sustain itself without creeps, then it's not worth keeping around anyway. If excising abusers is "weakening" the party then fuck that party.
    Except the Roy Moore stuff makes it pretty clear this kind of high minded idealism is devoid of any real use in the type of landscape America is dealing with.

6. again, drew and i agree!
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Except the Roy Moore stuff makes it pretty clear this kind of high minded idealism is devoid of any real use in the type of landscape America is dealing with.
    America 2017, where not fucking children is "high minded idealism"

8. Okay, but it's still more than likely not a lost Senate seat. I'm just talking about the numbers game.

9. If a suitable and creepless progressive alt steps in then that’s great.

But the left (to me anyway) is a little willing too and eager to outrage itself to death in the name of a social cause. If a Roy Moore type happened to get in on the heels of Frankens demise so be it kind of thing.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 09 Dec 2017 at 10:18 AM.

10. The Dems have to be able to go back to the public during the elections to come and say we're not like them, vote for us. Letting Frankin stay or fighting for him to stay despite multiple accusers just gives the opposition the ability to rightly say the Dems are no better. When the only majority you own is the moral high ground you can't piss that away.