Page 3561 of 3613 FirstFirst ... 354735573559356035613562356335653575 ... LastLast
Results 35,601 to 35,610 of 36124

Thread: What's Bugging You Today? Volume 3, Part 1

Heh, when I was in retail I just stopped talking after the first retarded statement. Correcting your customers isn't really good business even when they're fucking stupid.

2. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Heh, when I was in retail I just stopped talking after the first retarded statement. Correcting your customers isn't really good business even when they're fucking stupid.
    Yeah which is why I shut up after that last comment. Even if I proved it to him it was obvious he believed what he believed.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

3. The guy probably got all his gaming news from MetalJesus

4. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    "Well you know how well Nintendo is doing since they own Sega now."

I was like... "Uh no Nintendo doesn't own Sega at all."

"Yes they do, They've owned Sega since 2014 so it's funny seeing a company owned by Nintendo making games on the PS4."

"No, Nintendo has never owned any of Sega's properties."

"Yes they do! It's all about the money since Nintendo owns Sega they easily can get their games on other systems for which Nintendo is smart with!"
    You met the real life version of this dude!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DpQ9YJl.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	81293

The amount of people that get in my car and say shit that is just flat out wrong is ridiculous. Not just stuff I don't agree with (which is plenty) but things that are just not facts. Sure they could learn with 30-45 seconds of asking google, but why would they do that?

I just let people be wrong, I don't care anymore. Then they pay me and I never see them again. So it goes.

It still impresses how stupid other adults are.

I don't remember adults being this stupid as a kid. Well, other than ultra conservative religious voters.

7. People tend to speak really anecdotally. This often results in really odd beliefs and news being imparted as undisputed truth when it was a fleeting experience in the individual's life. It's one of the most bizarre things about humanity, once you notice that most people speak from personal experience ONLY, rather than taking truthful viewpoints into active consideration. It's really annoying and weird and once I notice someone doing it I usually kind of extract myself from the situation if possible. Obviously everyone relates experiences to themselves in order to make meaning of new encounters, but when someone does it just to interject their presence into an unfamiliar surrounding......I don't know. it's so weird. It's so weird!
    Last edited by Satsuki; 25 Jun 2018 at 08:36 PM. Reason: where nothing can possiblie go wrong. possibly go wrong. that's the first thing that went wrong (I misspelled possibly.)
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

For me it depends on what they say and how they react to discussion.

Like if someone says cheese pizza is the best, I'm going to assume that is opinion. If I counter and they double down like it is a fact, then I assume they're a dumb ass/ nut.

Apparently not everyone is like that. Every now and then I meet people that can't infer. They need opinions and fact each specifically prefaced.

I sometimes have trouble with that sort as I I can lean heavily on inference in my communication. If I say Krispy kteam donuts are the best, I expected you to know that is an opinion because taste in food isn't objective.

I guess where I was going with that is that experience is OK when talking about subjective unimportant things. Not so much for important or objective things.

10. Most of the oldest religious arguments in the world stem from an inability to hear "I believe ____" without taking it to mean "this overrides your belief". Human nature is just kinda stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!