Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sam and Max: Surfin' the Highway reprint!

1. Sam and Max: Surfin' the Highway reprint!

Telltale games announced an expanded reprint of the oft-sought-after classic compilation of all the Sam and Max comics. This thing has been going for $150+ prices on ebay for years now. We used to have a copy at my house, but my dad gave it away as a gift, so it will be great to own it again.

They're doing a signed hardcover edition, along with a regular paperback. I'm torn on which to get. Ships Feb 25.

http://www.telltalegames.com/store/samandmax-highway

2. NEED.

I hope they ship overseas.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Ugh. I really want the hardcover, but I know the paperback will be more practical for me, not to mention a little easier on the wallet. I have a copy from the old run that's about ready to fall apart. It spent a lot of time living in my backpack when I was much younger. Either way, we win.

Anybody pick up The Effigy Mound? I got the Age of S&M but not that one yet.

4. AWESOME.

5. Pretty awesome I'll have to pick up a copy. Now can the cartoon come to dvd? That would be pretty awesome also.

Last edited by Brand; 06 Feb 2008 at 11:57 PM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Brand View Post
    Pretty awesome I'll have to pick up a copy. Now can the cartoon come to dvd? That would be pretty awesome also.
    Ask and ye shall recieve
    http://www.amazon.com/Sam-Max-Freela...2360310&sr=8-2

Though seriously, the comics are so much better than the cartoon.

7. The cartoon is pretty awful. You can watch it for free on GameTap, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. I wouldn't say it's awful. It was certainly among the better Saturday morning 'toons when it came out. But it's pretty far from doing justice to the games and comics.

9. You can absolutely see that "Standards and Practices" bar keeping the show down at all times. It's kind of annoying to watch for that reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. I've never played the games, saw the show, or read the comics.

But I've always wanted to.

I've always enjoyed the art and the few little strips I've seen.

Hmm.