Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dog Soldiers

1. Dog Soldiers

Dunno how many of you saw this Sci-Fi Channel exclusive, but the wife & I checked it out last week and were very impressed. Sean Pertwee does a great job (as always - he's the pilot from Event Horizon), and the film was surprisingly gory (although some of the language was cut out LOL). It does a good job of building the tension, and you get the strong sense that the beasts were totally eerie and evil. The plot wasn't the most original, but it wasn't insulting, and there was some very nice and subtle foreshadowing. I can't recall who the director was, but whomever it was did a very good job. One of the best made-for-cable thingies I've seen.

Best werewolf film since American Werewolf in London, in fact. Should be out for rent in a couple months. Recommended!

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

2. Doesn't sound too bad, I wish I saw it on Sci-Fi last week though guess I will have to wait for the DVD release to see it, I probably will just buy it seeing I like werewolves

3. Thank you for the impressions Bio

Its actually not made for cable film, it was UK production, that Sci-Fi bought rights for exclusive premiere. I posted about this film couple months ago, and I'm looking forward its dvd/video release this Fall.

I'm surprised that much gore was left intact, usually Sci-fi cuts everything out of the films like that, and its sucks that it only had 1 time showing.

I already missed Lost Voyage last months on it(another small budget horror film, set in Bermuda Triangle, something simular to Event Horizon), and not this I should start reading channel guide more careful

4. Ah, I wasn't aware it was a UK production...that explains the gore. Ha ha - it's so funny how "ass" is left in but "shit" gets cut...

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

5. Just found out this info:

Dog Soliders (TV): Due to audience demand, The Sci-Fi Channel is set to rerun the UK werewolf flick on June 29th at 7pm ET/PT and July 11th at 9pm ET/PT

I guess we will be able to watch it after all

6. Originally posted by Despair
    Just found out this info:

Dog Soliders (TV): Due to audience demand, The Sci-Fi Channel is set to rerun the UK werewolf flick on June 29th at 7pm ET/PT and July 11th at 9pm ET/PT

I guess we will be able to watch it after all
    Your my hero Despair, Thanks

I can't wait to see Dog Soldiers

7. You are welcome

Thats a cool wolf smiley you got there

8. Originally posted by Despair
    You are welcome

Thats a cool wolf smiley you got there
    Thanks, I was bored so I played around with making a smiley

9. For more information on this movie you can go to the Official Dog Soldiers website and Sci-Fi's Dog Soldiers website for more info on the film and when Sci-Fi is running it

10. Just a reminder fot those interested, first showing is tomorrow