Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 360's HD-DVD player $50 at Best Buy

1. 360's HD-DVD player $50 at Best Buy

Last edited by gamevet; 26 Feb 2008 at 12:58 PM.

2. This is the MSRP now I think. Not just Best Buy

3. yeah it's every store.

Hrm, 50 bucks for the drive with 5 free movies, and super cheap HD DVDs everywhere. This is tempting.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

5. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Hrm, 50 bucks for the drive with 5 free movies, and super cheap HD DVDs everywhere. This is tempting.
    No it really isn't

6. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Do you get the movies with the 360 ad on too?

7. Have the price of the movies gone down yet? I plan to snatch a few up when they drop but I don't want to wait too long.

Rem: Yes, but you have to buy it by the 28th of this month (two days!)

Here is a link to the rebate form:

http://assets.xbox.com/en-US/hardwar...HDDVDOffer.pdf

It takes a good long while to get the movies, but hey, free is free.

The best place I've found to get cheap HD DVDs is deepdiscount.com if you don't mine waiting. They have lots of 10 and 12 dollar movies and free shipping, but their free shipping takes a while. Amazon has a lot of titles at slightly higher prices, but better shipping.

I would imagine we are going to see some nice HD DVD fire sales coming up very soon.

I broke down and bought one. Thanks for the head up, Gamevet, I don't check CAG that often.

YMMV, of course, but my local Hollywood Video was clearing out HD DVDs. They were marked for 15 bucks but qualified for the 2 for $20 deal. They had some good stuff, probably because no one around here has a hi def player.

*edit*
    I just watched the Bourne Ultimatum and played with Superman Returns a bit, so I will give a tiny bit of advice to anyone who gets the player. I had a syncing problem during the movie, the audio was ever so slightly off. It turns out it is because of the software update the 360 downloaded, you need to turn the 360 off an on before playback. It works perfectly now.
    Last edited by GohanX; 27 Feb 2008 at 06:41 PM.