Thread: Imaging Software

1. Imaging Software

Ok so we have 3 laptops that were originally Vista, but we cannot use vista due to some of the software we use, in which case we're rolling them back to XP. We purchased the XP licenses but there are still some problems. I have the same exact laptop (Dell Latitude D630) that came originally with XP that works wonderfully, and need to image the software. We have Symantec Corporate Edition 8.0 which is horrible and doesn't actually work. Does anyone have some good imaging software to recommend? We pretty much only need to use it one time for 3 machines, so anything with a trial version is a Plus.

I tried Acronis but that didn't seem to work very well so now I'm coming to TNL.

Check your laptop to see if it has a program for creating recovery discs. If the other laptops are exactly the same, you can just make the discs and pop them into the other computers.

Otherwise, there are a lot of programs out there, but I don't have a specific recommendation. I've pretty much always used an old (pre shitty) version of Ghost or the drive image software built into Nero.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

3. I use Ghost and love it. What are the problems you are experiencing?

4. ghost is good and if your company has a MS liscensing agreement, you may want to try MS ADS or the standard xp deployment tools http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321880