Page 11 of 185 FirstFirst ... 79101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo DS Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    What serious "must have"s am I missing?
    Kirby's Canvas Curse. Easily among the best DS games. Shiren the Wanderer is also pretty good. Better than Izuna, anyway.

2. I'd say:

The World Ends with You
    Space Invaders Extreme
    Game Center CX

EDIT: Megaman ZX- First game since the PSone/Saturn days that seemed any good.

*-neo
    Last edited by Low; 09 Jun 2008 at 09:10 AM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    Below is the list of what I currently own. What serious "must have"s am I missing? Extra points go to games that are especially niche-y / wacky / f-chany, but any good game is welcome. (Except Mario stuff, since it is hard to overlook that kind of thing.)
    Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales. One of my favorites on the system.

4. Oh yeah, Doshi reads japanese... you should definitely get Game Center CX, it's fun and pretty damned funny as well.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. That's the one with the "retro games" that aren't actually retro games, right?
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

6. And you can read alternate-universe GameFan, apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

This isn't good. I just confirmed this for myself... the paddle controller does not work with the demo of Arkanoid DS available on the Nintendo Channel. Hopefully this is just a limitation of the demo. Squeenix wouldn't be stupid enough to rip out paddle support from the North American versions of Arkanoid DS and Space Invaders Extreme, would they? Would they?

8. Whuuut.

That's really, really dumb if so, and will cost them two sales from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. Arkanoid DS isn't really all that exciting anyhow, so no big loss if the US version is gimped.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

Eh. I like it well enough, thanks to the paddle control. On the other hand, Nervous Brickdown (which can probably be found in bargain bins all over at this point) does a lot more creative things with Breakout gameplay.