Page 17 of 185 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo DS Thread

1. Let's see how good their Sonic game turns out.

2. Holy crap:
    Nikkei: New Nintendo DS Model Adds Camera, Music Playback
    By Chris Kohler EmailSeptember 27, 2008 | 6:46:42 PMCategories: Portable Gaming

Reports out of Japanese newspapers Saturday indicate that Nintendo is preparing to announce a new version of the Nintendo DS hardware in the coming days, one that adds non-gaming functions to the popular portable machine.

Nikkei Net, the online arm of Japan's foremost economic newspaper, reports that the new model will launch this year in Japan and include a camera and music playback. Nikkei's take on the new machine is that Nintendo is moving outside the boundaries of the "game industry" and attempting to create a device that will compete with more general electronics like cell phones.

The machine's wireless communication functionality will also be strengthened by allowing it to connect to "information terminals," possibly allowing a user to find nearby train stations or restaurants using his DS.

Nikkei does point out that the camera function of DS could be integrated with gameplay, by allowing games to use the photos taken with the hardware.

The online version of the story omits a line that is present in a photograph of the print story, which says that the new model will cost less than 20,000 yen (about $188). The DS Lite costs 16,800 yen ($158) in Japan.

Nikkei says the new model will go on sale in Japan first, this year, and that a U.S. release is "being considered."

And there might be more to this new model -- another version of the Nikkei report, since removed, apparently ran on a site called Monex and said that the hardware would have larger screens and be able to transfer data from the Wii or an SD card.

Note that we may not be getting the full picture of the device's capabilities from these reports; note also that the current version of the story does not confirm the two data points in the above paragraph.

Nintendo will hold media briefings in Tokyo and San Francisco on Thursday. Simultaneous media events generally mean some big piece of news is to be announced, so this would seem like a likely topic of discussion.
    Jumping to conclusions here, but it seems likely Nintendo's mysterious "better than a hard drive" storage solution for WiiWare and Virtual Console is simply what they should have done in the first place, allowing games to be run off SD cards.... and the reason they've been keeping it under wraps is for maximum impact when they reveal that this new DS iteration will be able to run them as well. Portavirtual Console, anyone?
    Last edited by Space Pirate Roberts; 30 Sep 2008 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

3. I would fucking flip over no-hassle portable emulation.

I am not sure this is it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. Quote Originally Posted by The Gas View Post
    Holy crap:Jumping to conclusions here, but it seems likely Nintendo's mysterious "better than a hard drive" storage solution for WiiWare and Virtual Console is simply what they should have done in the first place, allowing games to be run off SD cards.... and the reason they've been keeping it under wraps is for maximum impact when they reveal that this new DS iteration will be able to run them as well. Portavirtual Console, anyone?
    With the way Wii Piracy is going, I don't think Nintendo is dumb enough to make games playable off SD cards. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

5. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I would fucking flip over no-hassle portable emulation.

I am not sure this is it.
    DS handles 8-bit pretty well. NES has been great for a while, and Apprentice Minus just made SMS emulation awesome finally.

6. Nintendo might announce this at thier next media summit (Oct. 2-3) ,but knowing them they are just doing it to dissapoint. It will launch with the first and only compatible game: Wii Music DS: The Jazz Hands!

7. I hope when they add the mp3 function they remove the headphone jack again.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Anal Kaboom View Post
    With the way Wii Piracy is going, I don't think Nintendo is dumb enough to make games playable off SD cards. :/
    If new DS hardware wasn't in the cards I'd agree.

But now they can make a proprietary flash card that only fits this new DS. Flash with VC data into new DS -> DS into Wii -> there you go.

9. Yeah cause they did so good with those DS cartridges.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

10. According to joystiq they have a source that says nintendo will be announcing this at 12 AM Joystiq time. Which begs the question what is thier time zone?

There you have it the Dsi. If you'd liketo see it for yourself its on the front page of joystiq.com.They killed the Gba slot for an SD slot. It better be compatible with SDHC cards
    Last edited by Cerozero; 02 Oct 2008 at 01:12 AM.