Page 1 of 185 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo DS Thread

1. Game Boy Advance Nintendo DS Thread

So at the rate of one good game for every fifty dog chokers I figured there's plenty of DS games that don't deserve a thread but yet something more encompassing could be useful.

Planning to order Game Center CX, looks solid enough from a 1 Up segment a few months ago. Also intrigued by these but haven't heard anything positive or negative:

From the Abyss: Action-RPG

http://www.sonicpowered.co.jp/abyss/idx_system.html

The Super Bullet!! Custom Tank- 2D action with tanks

http://www.d3p.co.jp/s_ds/popup.html.../s_ds_031.html

I believe Jaleco has a 2D ninja action game out or due out soon, looked interesting enough. *-neo

2. Considering the rate of dog-choking going on, we're actually getting a fair number of decent DS games lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Considering the rate of dog-choking going on, we're actually getting a fair number of decent DS games lately.
    There's good games, but overall it suffers from the same licensed crap the GBA did, added on top of a glut of Japanese non-games and really poor 3D titles all it's own.

Not stopping me from getting Professor Layton and Nanostray 2 this month though . *-neo

4. Well, of course it does. Just don't buy that shit!

5. Nearly every system -- save maybe the abnormally consistent Dreamcast -- has tons and tons of crap. It shouldn't affect even a casually informed consumer. I mean, I honestly don't even ever really think about that stuff. I skip the ads and previews in magazines, and my eyes glide over the boxes in the store. It's like that stuff isn't even there for me. There are just way too many genuinely interesting games, and not enough time in the day, for anyone to pay attention to the third tier and below titles.

6. Fuck, WHY do I keep buying Chicken Shoot?

7. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Fuck, WHY do I keep buying Chicken Shoot?
    Well this is it exactly, Nintendo's lack of quality control fosters this kind of junk. Have yet to pick one up yet, but the PSP clearly has a overall higher level of software quality. Given the DS massive library I'm sure there's some gems hidden in there, but for every Contra 4 you have 10 Orcs and Elves or Whack A Moles. *-neo

8. You're just not paying attention.
    Donk

9. A few more that look interesting:

Exit DS: A action game that probably could benefit from two screens, shame the top seems used only for a map. I'd be tempted to import it but seems a likely choice for localization.

http://www.exitgame.net/pc/top.html

Fist of the Northstar: This looks nuts, you seem to use Elite Beat Agent gameplay to slaughter characters from the anime.

http://www.spike.co.jp/hokutonoken/system/index.html

Miami Nights: Singles in the City: Hate to say it I enjoyed Sprung for it's goofy 80's movie plot, this game by Ubisoft sounds like a sequel....until I saw some screens.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pa.97813.4.jpg 
Views:	492 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	31400  

Exit's merely decent on PSP and 360. I doubt the DS version will be much dfferent.